itunes no see me lacie cd burner

Posted by: Anonymous

itunes no see me lacie cd burner - 06/03/02 06:08 PM

have a new lacie 32x burner to play with and although toast recognizes her...itunes v2 does not...any ideas¿?<br><br>
Posted by: johnengler

Re: itunes no see me lacie cd burner - 06/03/02 07:39 PM

try turning it upside down before you place a CD in it, and see if that helps...<br><br><br><br><br>(just kidding... no idea why its not supported.)<br><br>Is it supported by the OS for diskburning? What happens when iTunes isn't open and you put a blank CD in?<br><br><br><br>Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.<br>-- Aaron Levenstein
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: itunes no see me lacie cd burner - 06/03/02 08:11 PM

If it's one of the supported burners, as soon as you put a blank CD into it, the system should ask you what you want to do with it. If it doesn't, then try turning the burner on and off a couple of times. I've got a Sony Spressa, and sometimes the computer doesn't recognize that it's on when it really is on. Turning it off and on usually does the trick. I've learnd to listen for the HD spinning up a bit when I turn on the burner. If I don't hear that, then the computer hasn't recognized the drive.<br><br>You might try Disk Copy and see if that sees the burner. I've sort of given up on Toast in X because I can't make it burn a bootable CD. With Disk Copy it's pretty easy.<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: itunes no see me lacie cd burner - 06/05/02 12:29 AM

The info on the upgrade to 10.1.5 says that the new version has improved support for LaCie burners, gr8gatzby. Maybe that'll help?<br><br>Great wits are sure to madness near allied.--John Dryden, "Absalom and Achitophel"
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: itunes no see me lacie cd burner - 06/06/02 11:10 AM

10.1.5 has indeed found it's way to compatibility with my lacie burner....and only on the second day of my upgrade to os x!!<br><br>