iTMS purchased songs...

Posted by: JohnR

iTMS purchased songs... - 09/07/03 10:15 AM

I wonder...if you purchase music, and it says you can only authorize 3 computers and you do a clean install...is that two right there? (the old install + new one)<br><br>I am going to do a clean install later this week because I never did it when I had that problem earlier...but I wanted to make sure that I'm not using up one of those authorizations...<br><br>My stuff for sale.
Posted by: nutty

Re: iTMS purchased songs... - 09/07/03 10:17 AM

no just de-authorize the first install<br><br>

Re: iTMS purchased songs... - 09/07/03 10:21 AM

ok..thanks!<br><br>My stuff for sale.
Posted by: sross

Re: iTMS purchased songs... - 09/07/03 12:31 PM

John and Nutty, I am in sort of the same situation, but already used up 2 of my authorizations. Please bear with me.<br>when I do a clean install, do I de-authorize then back up and then do the install? <br>I have always been confused by the authorize/de-authorize stuff. Thanks for any remedial input.<br><br>

Re: iTMS purchased songs... - 09/07/03 12:49 PM

What I'm going to do...as soon as I can get my powerbook to boot up off the Jag CD's, is back up my music, de-authorize, then clean install.<br><br>My stuff for sale.
Posted by: sross

Re: iTMS purchased songs... - 09/07/03 12:53 PM

Then bring it back over and authorize?<br><br><br>

Re: iTMS purchased songs... - 09/07/03 01:12 PM

Yeah..once you bring your music back onto your new install, and import it into iTunes (or however you do it) it'll ask you if you want to authorize it.<br><br>My stuff for sale.
Posted by: Tim

Re: iTMS purchased songs... - 09/13/03 07:13 PM

Could you not simply make a CD of all your purchased music, and then later import it back into iTunes? <br><br>Tim Robertson, publisher <br>My Mac Magazine<br><br>[/url]http://www.mymac.com<br>[/email]publisher@mymac.com<br>
Posted by: hayesk

Re: iTMS purchased songs... - 09/16/03 07:46 AM

You could but your quality would degrade from being compressed twice.<br><br>Edit: Oops, it occurred to me that you may have been talking about a simple data backup, not an audio CD. Yes, you should do that anyway.<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by hayesk on 09/16/03 10:47 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>