iTunes burning help

Posted by: sross

iTunes burning help - 08/14/03 09:14 AM

I know I am missing something, but here goes.<br>When burning a playlist to a cd, the result is that the songs have numbers rather than the names. It happens when I burn to audio cd or to mp3.<br>Next, when I want to load it on my office mac, it appears as a playlist and I have made the mistake of changing the numbers to names and artists in the actual cd playlist that pops up while burning.<br>This, however, disappears and reverts to numbers at the bottom of my library and has to be done all over.<br>Question: How do I record with names rather than numbers?<br>I know, the answer is right there in front of me, but you good people remember my ADD. I need a refresher. Thanks.<br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: iTunes burning help - 08/14/03 09:27 AM

Is this playlist from songs you imported from CD's?<br>If so, then under the itunes Prefs--->Importing--->make sure you check "create file names with track number"<br><br><br>My Stuff
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: iTunes burning help - 08/14/03 09:56 AM

ut you good people remember my ADD. I need a refresher.<br><br>Huh? What was the question again?<br><br>[color:red]DaddyMac's MP3 to AAC conversion: left to go...</font color=red>

Re: iTunes burning help - 08/14/03 10:13 AM

I do that and it is no problem importing them.,<br>Here is where I have the problem: I want to have the same iTunes playlists at the office so I burn cd's. Somehow, I have forgotten how to set the burn to show the names instead of the track numbers.<br>Lori, it must be simple, but here I go again, missing it.<br>Thanks<br><br>

Re: iTunes burning help - 08/14/03 10:14 AM

DM, I said...............uh........i forgot.<br><br>
Posted by: squareman

Re: iTunes burning help - 08/14/03 10:19 AM

That I'm aware of, you're losing the track names because audio CD's don't support meta data like that. In fact, when you insert a retail CD and the track names pop up automatically, it's only because the "fingerprint" of the CD can be matched to the CDDB and it's the CDDB providing the track info, not the CD itself. When you burn your own playlist to an audio CD, there is no "fingerprint" match at CDDB.<br><br><pre>** sometimes you win, and sometimes you learn **</pre><p>

Re: iTunes burning help - 08/14/03 10:24 AM

Hmmmm...mine always shows the artists name and album in the playlist.<br><br>This probably has nothing to do with it...but under Edit--->view options" do you have artist and album checked?<br><br><br>My Stuff

Re: iTunes burning help - 08/14/03 10:26 AM

Really? You mean when you import a burned cd, you get artist and song? <br>Now I really must have done something goofy.<br><br>

Re: iTunes burning help - 08/14/03 10:32 AM

when I put a burned CD (a CD I burned from a playlist of different artists and albums purchased from ITMS) into my Mac, iTunes opens and displays the CD with all artists, albums, etc.<br><br><br>My Stuff

Re: iTunes burning help - 08/14/03 10:44 AM

I think I know what happened. I went into my iTunes prefs here and went to the Import section. I saw that the "Create file names with track numbers" box was checked. DUH! <br>No wonder it was such a mess!<br>Thanks<br><br>
Posted by: siletz

Re: iTunes burning help - 08/15/03 12:08 PM

Rather strange, I tried burning with said box checked and uncheked and still get track number, no names. I use Roxio Toast 5.2 and Jam 5.0. Perhaps that has something to do with it.<br><br>933 MHz, 17" lcd