iTunes scrub question

Posted by: sross

iTunes scrub question - 07/20/03 08:00 AM

In converting some of my CD's, I had one song with clicks and pops at the end. Of course, it is also present in iTunes. Here is what I did (probably the long way.)<br>First I dragged it out of the shared folder and onto the desktop.<br>Next, I opened it with Quicktime Player. <br>I then did a cut and did a Save As.<br>Here is where I am stuck. I can't seem to convert back to MP3. Did I miss something?<br>Thanks for any help.<br><br>
Posted by: JohnR

Re: iTunes scrub question - 07/20/03 08:04 AM

Try importing it back into iTunes...go to File, Add to library.<br><br><br><br><br>My stuff for sale

Re: iTunes scrub question - 07/20/03 08:05 AM

Thanks.<br><br>

Re: iTunes scrub question - 07/20/03 08:06 AM

Not sure if that makes it an MP3 or not...but at least it will be in your iTunes.<br><br><br>My stuff for sale

Re: iTunes scrub question - 07/20/03 08:22 AM

I don't know what I am doing wrong, but it won't do it.<br>I get the "cut" version and put it on the desktop. I then opened iTunes and did the "Add to Labrary" thing and it did the full version. <br>I think I will have to put up with the pops at the end unless the editing can get a little easier. (I know, I am making it hard for a simple task)<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: iTunes scrub question - 07/20/03 08:25 AM

In the hundreds of CDs I've transfered to my computer, I found this only twice... One was an 2 CD Collection of Elvis music & I can't recall the 2nd artist...<br><br>When importing/ripping Elvis from my iMac G3 400...it would give me the pops & such. However, when ripping it from my iMac G4 or Powerbook G4 17"...the pops were gone..<br><br>I just assumed it was the older drive technology.. I've had a few other problems w/ the iMac G3 400, like spitting out CDs and not taking them at all...that's happened several times out of hundreds of CDs.<br><br>

Re: iTunes scrub question - 07/20/03 08:29 AM

It is definitly on the CD. It is pops and shows up on my home stereo as well.<br>I just thought I could edit it out with a little snip in Quicktime Pro. I was able to do it, but somehow not able to get it back into a mp3 file to put back into my iTunes.<br>The option isn't there when I do a "Open With" option either.<br><br><br>

Re: iTunes scrub question - 07/20/03 08:35 AM

when you do "Add to " with iTunes, where are you directing iTunes to get the file? from the desktop or the iTunes folder? What did you do with the original file? If you don't need it, throw it away so that way you can find the file right away.<br><br><br>My stuff for sale

Re: iTunes scrub question - 07/20/03 06:19 PM

An easier way to do it would be to select the offending song in iTunes, Get Info on it, click the Options tab, and change the stop time of the song. iTunes will stop playing the song at the time you specify instead of the actual ending point. <br><br>edit: I originally wrote the following but it isn't correct:<br><br>"That would be enough but if you want more, select the song again, choose the Advanced menu, and Convert Selection to MP3/AAC. This will make a new MP3/AAC of the song that stops at the time specified."<br><br>This actually makes a second MP3/AAC that begins at your stopping point and ends at the real end. In other words, for example, you could split a 4 minute song into two MP3s - one with the first 1:30 minutes, the second with the last 2:30 minutes.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by JThree on 07/20/03 09:33 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: iTunes scrub question - 07/20/03 06:27 PM

THANKS!. Great information.<br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: iTunes scrub question - 07/20/03 07:39 PM

I would duplicate the song first.<br>Drag it on the desktop.<br>Open in Quicktime Player.<br>Move the little sideways triangle to where you want to cut out the pops, in your case it would be the one at the right end. (there are two little triangles, one at the beginning of the track, and one at the end.)<br>Got to edit--->cut<br>Open a new player window file--->new player<br>Now edit-->paste in the new player<br>Now export the movie Movie to MPEG4<br>click on the option button to add more options.<br>click the save button<br>Import back into iTunes<br><br><br>My Stuff
Posted by: drjohn

Re: iTunes scrub question - 07/20/03 09:03 PM

Another solution might be to use WireTap (a freebe). It records any sound on your computer as a aiff file. Record the part you want to keep and then convert the file. A simple solution for simpletons like me. Get it here.<br><br>drjohn<br>[i]My photographs[i]

suggestion for program to help - 07/25/03 06:19 PM

http://homepage.mac.com/josiahpugh/itunesassociator<br><br>This application will turn any file into an iTunes file. It is easy to use.<br><br>Hoping you find this to be helpful.<br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: suggestion for program to help - 07/25/03 09:13 PM

does Sun-Dance-Woman use OS 9?<br><br><br>My Stuff