iTunes 11 "loses" my iPad/iphone

Posted by: John Rougeux

iTunes 11 "loses" my iPad/iphone - 12/09/13 08:52 AM

Running 11.1.3, and it did it before when 11 came out I think, whenever I hook up my iPad or iPhone and after I select music, movies, tv shows to put on the iPad/iPhone, it looks for the device but then can't find it. It's shown under Devices and even when I select the device, it shows everything about it, but it just loses it when I select Sync.

I have to then quit iTunes...but wait, iTunes says it stopped responding when I right click on the icon in the dock. So I have to force quit it. Which happens wayyyyy too much lately.

When I restart iTunes, it works fine, recognizing the devices and syncs. But that only lasts for probably a couple of days, never really kept track, but it's not that long.

Any ideas? trash the sync prefs?
Posted by: Jim_

Re: iTunes 11 "loses" my iPad/iphone - 12/09/13 10:21 AM

First let's try deleting the iTunes app, and downloading the 11.1.3 installer and running it.

Re: iTunes 11 "loses" my iPad/iphone - 12/09/13 02:11 PM

Using Appzapper, the whole thing is now deleted. Downloading iTunes now.

Re: iTunes 11 "loses" my iPad/iphone - 12/09/13 02:19 PM

Got it installed, but won't be able to report any problems until a few days...that's how long it usually took for them to appear before.

Re: iTunes 11 "loses" my iPad/iphone - 12/09/13 07:14 PM

Well, I didn't delete the items in the trash, so now it won't delete the pList because it's in use...even after quitting iTunes. Secure deletion did it. So now I just wait.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: iTunes 11 "loses" my iPad/iphone - 12/09/13 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: John Rougeux
Well, I didn't delete the items in the trash, so now it won't delete the pList because it's in use...even after quitting iTunes. Secure deletion did it. So now I just wait.
Should have just logged out if something is in use rather than getting a bigger hammer. smirk