Is this guy an idiot?

Posted by: MacBozo

Is this guy an idiot? - 10/19/13 09:00 AM

Man sues Apple CEO Tim Cook over automatic iOS 7 update

My upgrade from iOS6 to 7 on my iPhone 4 was not automatic and the 1GB or so that it needed to install was released after it was finished. And, if you care to look, you can turn off background updates for apps. Even with background updates enabled, I still haven't "lost" 1GB of memory due to that.
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Is this guy an idiot? - 10/19/13 09:24 AM

Yes.
Yes he is.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Is this guy an idiot? - 10/19/13 09:58 AM

Quote:
My upgrade from iOS6 to 7 on my iPhone 4 was not automatic and the 1GB or so that it needed to install was released after it was finished.

Quote:
over-the-air downloads of iOS updates became an option with iOS 6; although people must give permission for an update to install

The guy must have that option chosen and now wants to cry about it. Loser case.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Is this guy an idiot? - 10/19/13 10:12 AM

Quote:
My upgrade from iOS6 to 7 on my iPhone 4 was not automatic and the 1GB or so that it needed to install was released after it was finished.
The article was kind of sketchy, but the way I read it he never allowed the update to install, it just automatically downloaded.

Automatic over-the-air downloads of iOS updates became an option with iOS 6; although people must give permission for an update to install, the associated file can't be removed if a person chooses to back out, consuming 1GB or more of free space.

When he said no, it didn't delete the 1G installer file. Apple should give an option remove the installer. My guess is they'll fix this in an update.