Fingerprint security

Posted by: KateSorensen

Fingerprint security - 09/26/13 10:50 AM

Is the fingerprint security an option? May one have the old number type security?

Must I always place my finger[print] on the phone before anyone else can use it?

Anyway. Anyone see any problems using the fingerprint security.

Posted by: Jim_

Re: Fingerprint security - 09/26/13 11:26 AM

"Your iPhone’s Touch ID settings are located in the Settings app, under General > Passcode & Fingerprint. If you’ve already set up a passcode, you must enter it in order to gain access to this screen—you can’t use an already-registered fingerprint to open this section."

Credits.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Fingerprint security - 09/26/13 11:41 AM

From Reboots link:

Quote:

Touch ID is only one part of your iPhone’s security system. In setting it up, you must also set up a passcode (as a fallback identification system in case fingerprint recognition fails). If you choose not to use the fingerprint scanner, you can always swipe to the right on the lock screen at any time to access the passcode entry screen.
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: Fingerprint security - 09/26/13 12:32 PM

My wife LOVES the fingerprint security. Only one swipe and she's in, rather than having to enter the 4 digits.

I think you can have up to 5 fingerprints.

If you are thinking about that article about how the fingerprint sensor was defeated, don't worry about that. The media overhyped it:
http://www.macrumors.com/2013/09/24/touch-id-bypass-detailed-average-consumer-shouldnt-worry/

Quote:
Rogers goes on to explain the process, which requires an unsmudged, complete print of the correct finger and a way to “lift” the print using cyanoacrylate (super glue) fumes, fingerprint powder, and fingerprint tape. The lifted fingerprint must then be photographed, edited, and printed onto transparency film, where it is converted to a usable fingerprint via a PCB board or a laser printer.