Bought my first iPhone ever, now I need some help

Posted by: caincha

Bought my first iPhone ever, now I need some help - 05/26/13 11:40 AM

Yeah, I just bought a iPhone 4S and it is my first iPhone ever, so now I can use some help with apps and hints.
What would be the best app to use with Office docs (Word, Excel, PDF)?
Best e-mail client Outlook-like (if any)?
Internet browser, Photoshop-like and any other good utility..?
Oh yeah, if you could point me to a tutorial on how to reset it and give me any basic tips I would appreciate.
Thank you! smile
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Bought my first iPhone ever, now I need some help - 05/26/13 02:29 PM

MS Office applications do not run on iOS. Two options. Apple's version of the office suite, Pages and Numbers. The PowerPoint equivalent is Keynote. And for word processing alone SmartOffice 2. PDF documents open without further app necessary. If you want to fiddle with PDFs, then you might try PDFPen. Evernote and Dropbox are very useful as well. You can also access Google docs via your web browser. I use Safari because I like Safari, and the bundled Mail.app is good enough for me. Calendaring and contacts are also bundled apps. I don't know about graphic apps for iOS so someone else will have his/her opinion. There's a tutorial on Safari--go to the Bookmarks in Safari and it's on there.
Posted by: caincha

Re: Bought my first iPhone ever, now I need some help - 05/26/13 08:55 PM

Thank you very much, will look into that! grin
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: Bought my first iPhone ever, now I need some help - 07/12/13 07:33 AM

Using the iPhone for documents will be a pain IMO, or it could just be me. Even the iPhone 5 screen is too small for me to do much, but then again I'm an old man!

For photo editing, I use Snapseed and Filterstorm Pro. There might be others too, just haven't checked them out.

As for reset the iPhone, do you mean wipe it and restore?