mail iphone ipad bugger for me

Posted by: KateSorensen

mail iphone ipad bugger for me - 11/11/12 03:02 PM

This has been bugging me for a long time. I always forget to write about it when I get on the forum. I'd like these "dismiss/read" flickers to go away! Cease! Stop! Bugger off!

Couldn't find anything in General or Mail to turn them off. If I have 40 emails, I must chooose "dismiss" 40 times. Grrrrrrrr tia

Re: mail iphone ipad bugger for me - 11/11/12 03:22 PM

While I'm at it, here is another thing I can't control in iPhone.

My son in law sends me text. I send him a reply. When he reads and replies to me it says under my reply he read it at such n such a time.

Also, all my other text messages are in green and his is in blue? I couldn't find anything to control these things.

Posted by: Jim_

Re: mail iphone ipad bugger for me - 11/11/12 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: KateSorensen
While I'm at it, here is another thing I can't control in iPhone.

My son in law sends me text. I send him a reply. When he reads and replies to me it says under my reply he read it at such n such a time.

Also, all my other text messages are in green and his is in blue? I couldn't find anything to control these things.
Blue is because you are both using iMessage. iMessage is used to send text messages when you are both on wifi, the texts don't count towards your message count, if one has limited texting it helps. Also if one sends videos or pics it doesn't count towards your data usage either.

It seems that the date stamp is different too. If it says Read he read the message, if he hasn't read it yet it will say Delivered.

http://www.apple.com/ios/messages/
Posted by: Jim_

Re: mail iphone ipad bugger for me - 11/11/12 08:03 PM

For the Dismiss Read thing, go to Settings/Notifications/Mail. Choose the account you want to modify notifications on. You can have none, banners, or alerts. When you have alerts, you have to hit the dismiss/read button for every message. Banners will put a banner up at the top, which will go away by itself shortly. If you want no notifications, use none. Or turn notifications off altogether for that account.

Re: mail iphone ipad bugger for me - 11/11/12 08:59 PM

Ah so,
Son in law and I have iPhones. Rest of people I regularly text do not! I clicked a link that explained iMessage. I had no idea what the fleck it was.

Thank yew.

Also got rid of that dismiss read mess.

Thanks again wink