Outgoing mail

Posted by: John Rougeux

Outgoing mail - 08/31/11 09:45 AM

The Receipient "me at gmail" was rejected by the server.

uh..what's that mean? Why can't I send myself an email? I'm at work trying to send myself a picture of my car to my iPad, but I get this. wtf.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Outgoing mail - 08/31/11 10:30 AM

I just tried, I got the "rejected by the server" message using Apple's Mail the first time, but I just resent and chose the same server, smtp.gmail.com, and they go through now.

I've noticed over the last couple of days or so from Mail gmail has rejected my password two or three times, but I just click cancel and the next time it checks for mail it is okay. May be some bad voodoo going on with gmail.

Re: Outgoing mail - 08/31/11 10:38 AM

Well, see...it's not just gmail. When I first tried to send it, I sent it to my insight address. Same thing.

Re: Outgoing mail - 08/31/11 11:02 AM

I see, you didn't mention that, you only mentioned gmail at first. Karnac didn't know. smirk

My first thought is since it's a PC reboot to clear DNS.

What smtp server were you using? Maybe it's just having temporary problems. Or it could still be a temporary problem with gmail's pop servers rejecting incoming email, they did reject my password recently like I mentioned.

Re: Outgoing mail - 08/31/11 11:08 AM

Doing a quick Google search I see that gmail has been rejecting passwords recently, sounds like a possible gmail pop problem.

Re: Outgoing mail - 08/31/11 11:48 AM

Sorry, I'm not so clear headed today heh. I'm trying to send from the iPhone to the iPad.

This is what I was trying to send. Apparently I can send if it's to an insight address from a gmail address.

New Collection-2 by johnrougeux, on Flickr