New iPhone in September ??

Posted by: DLC

New iPhone in September ?? - 06/14/11 04:07 PM

iPhone 5 or 4S ??

other notices were at MacSurfer yesterday. More...

also rumored is a new iPad 3 for the Holidays... grin

we'll see.

Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: New iPhone in September ?? - 06/14/11 06:16 PM

Dave,
You are really hoping for updates really bad eh?

I am telling you, I can't think of anything I would do to improve the iPad 2.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: New iPhone in September ?? - 06/14/11 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: John Rougeux
I am telling you, I can't think of anything I would do to improve the iPad 2.
Neither can I, but then that's why Jobs runs a company with $25 billion or so in cash and no debt and we don't. cry grin
Posted by: DLC

Re: New iPhone in September ?? - 06/15/11 03:35 AM

I hear ya John, but if one is on the Horizon... why go with 2.0? Right now , it's not critical for me... later may be more a need than a "want".

Maybe a faster processor? I read somewhere - maybe quad core.
better cameras ? jus speculatin' ??

Re: New iPhone in September ?? - 06/15/11 07:36 AM

I put it down as the same as computers: Get what you want now. If you wait for the next best thing, you will always be waiting.

They will update the iPad yearly, so why not get one and enjoy it?

Faster processor? huh..it's pretty fast now and I'm sure it'll get faster ones but I am fine with the speed now.

Better cameras? Well, all I use mine for is Facetime and the resolution is just fine. Who would ever take pictures/video with an iPad? Too bulky for that. That's what the iPhone is for.
Posted by: Jashue

Re: New iPhone in September ?? - 06/16/11 07:03 AM

The only way I would like it improved is to give it a retina display. High rez pictures on an iPad with that would be stellar!

I echo John's sentiment about the cameras too. In the two months I've had my iPad 2, I've taken maybe two pictures, tops. The pictures in question were pretty disgraceful, now that I think about it (Apple should be ashamed to put such awful cameras in what has become a flagship product), but at the end of the day, I can't see cameras becoming a serious issue for the folks that bring us updates.

Re: New iPhone in September ?? - 06/16/11 08:35 AM

Yeah, retina display would be nice, but man, it's pretty nice right now. Kinda like you aren't missing anything until it's updated, then you are like whoa! of course! heh
Posted by: tomwilling

Re: New iPhone in September ?? - 11/18/13 03:33 AM

Nowadays popularity of i-phone have increasing day by day. In the recent time i-phone lunched i-phone 5 where get more features which is eye catching.
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: New iPhone in September ?? - 11/18/13 04:41 AM

From all I read, Apple's dominance of the smart phone market is in steep decline. It's not the iPhone that's increasing in popularity, but Android phones.
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: New iPhone in September ?? - 11/18/13 07:06 AM

iPhones typically do outsell Android based phones, but Google has adopted the Microsloth method of distribution which accounts for Android's numbers. Quantity still doesn't trump quality. smile
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: New iPhone in September ?? - 11/18/13 08:39 AM

Originally Posted By: yoyo52
From all I read, Apple's dominance of the smart phone market is in steep decline. It's not the iPhone that's increasing in popularity, but Android phones.

Counterpoint

Of course numbers can always be interpreted to advantage one way or another, but it has always struck me that rarely do you see comparisons of, say, the iPhone vs. another individual product -- more likely it's iPhone vs. the rest of the industry combined.

Re: New iPhone in September ?? - 11/18/13 12:16 PM

The comparisons are on the OS--maybe not fair, but it does reflect the dominance of a particular system.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: New iPhone in September ?? - 11/18/13 03:41 PM

The comparisons are on the OS--maybe not fair, but it does reflect the dominance of a particular system.

Really? I didn't get that, at all, from 6-of-1s linked article.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: New iPhone in September ?? - 11/18/13 03:42 PM

Apple is dead.
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: New iPhone in September ?? - 11/18/13 03:55 PM

Well, it was just a counterpoint, with which one can agree or not. I do agree with the thought that comparisons with a market defined in sufficiently broad terms can make any individual product/company appear to be performing more poorly than is actually the case.

Re: New iPhone in September ?? - 11/18/13 08:20 PM

I do not think that Apple is performing poorly, by the way. I know it's a tired old argument, but the fact that there are more Fords than BMWs on the road doesn't mean that Ford is successful and BMW is not. Different business models, different goals, different market plans. So I didn't mean to dismiss your point, not at all.