OS4 wishlist

Posted by: padmavyuha

OS4 wishlist - 05/26/10 01:39 AM

It all looks very pretty, the multitasking is neat (though us jailbroken folks already have that, even on the humble iPhone 3G) - but what I really want to see is 'paste unformatted'.

Such a basic thing, you copy text from a website, and when you paste it into a new email at the moment, you get the point size (and sometimes the font/colour) from the original source, and then the rest of your email you type after that is stuck in that point size, so you have two (or more) different sizes of text in the email.

Also, unless your Mail's Minimum Font Size is set to Large, sent/received emails are displayed at a different point size to the text in the Compose window, so the same thing happens if you paste selected text from an existing email into a new one.

This drives me a bit nuts.
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: OS4 wishlist - 05/26/10 06:22 AM

This isn't limited to the iPhone OS. I get that whenever I use the majority of mail programs, Mac and Windows.

Re: OS4 wishlist - 05/26/10 09:21 AM

But most apps (including Mail in OSX) have either a 'Paste Special' or 'Paste and Match Style' option that allows the user to paste unformatted. The iPhone OS hasn't, and it needs it.

Re: OS4 wishlist - 05/26/10 10:34 AM

Never noticed this "paste special" or paste and match style in Mail. Huh.

Though, if that's your only complaint, then I would be happy!
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: OS4 wishlist - 05/26/10 11:41 AM

Heh... this even happens in Quark sometimes.

Just go back up to your original line and copy/paste that and you will return to your original font. PITA though.
Posted by: carp

Re: OS4 wishlist - 05/26/10 08:15 PM

Hummm

In mail mine read copy or paste , nothing about special paste ?

Since we are on a mail subject , try and see if you can (create Signatures) mine opens a text field but wont let you type in the box ? - very odd .

Odder still
My work PC (OutLook Express) lets you create Signatures - however you have no control over font selection , font sizes and font colors - bat backwards

Re: OS4 wishlist - 05/26/10 11:34 PM

Special Paste is in other apps - Paste and Match Style (which is essentially the same thing with a posh name) is in Mail. Here it is on my OSX Mail (in 10.6):

Re: OS4 wishlist - 05/26/10 11:37 PM

Mail lets me edit and create signatures.
Posted by: FSM

Re: OS4 wishlist - 06/09/10 04:01 PM

i installed iTunes 9.2 and iOS 4 (iPhone 4 OS) last night.

i really like the all email accounts in 1 view. a lot.
Posted by: Silver_Moon

Re: OS4 wishlist - 06/09/10 04:29 PM

Will it ever come out for the Touch? frown
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: OS4 wishlist - 06/09/10 05:26 PM

I believe The Steve said it will be available to 2nd generation Touch and up.
But it's not out yet wink
Some people have "ways" of getting things before the official launch.

Re: OS4 wishlist - 06/09/10 06:50 PM

Why sean, I'm surprised!

Re: OS4 wishlist - 06/11/10 05:00 PM

meh. i figured if something went wrong then i'd just go and get an HTC EVO that next day. but everything went well so i'll wait until July to decide whether to get an iPhone 4 or the EVO.

Re: OS4 wishlist - 06/11/10 05:02 PM

i never considered Jailbreaking or anything like it (and this didn't require Jailbreaking). but i see that there is an app for Jailbroken iPhones to share internet wirelessly. i am thinking of doing that with an iPhone 4 if i decide to go the iPhone route. that way i can share internet with my Wifi iPad and save the $30 month i would have spent on a 3G iPad (or $30 to allow an EVO to share internet Wifi).