Beejive don't jive

Posted by: padmavyuha

Beejive don't jive - 03/22/10 10:40 PM

Call me a damn fool, but I got the BeeJive iPhone app (when it was on special offer) because it has a great interface for IM, and makes it very easy to chat with Google chat. Or so I thought...

But unlike the Google web interface and every other iPhone IM app I've tried, it doesn't show you when your chat buddy is typing a reply - nor does it show them when you are.

So I signed up to their support forum, and posted a query about this - I thought maybe I was missing a pref somewhere to turn this on, but otherwise was suggesting it as an enhancement request. I was encouraging and polite.

My forum post didn't make it onto the forum, so I emailed them instead - same message, also mentioning that my post hadn't got on the forum. No reply. I reposted the query on the forum, in case it had got lost in the ether. It never appeared there (other posts appeared after the first time and that time, so I know the forum itself is working and being moderated). No reply to emails.

So I knocked a star off my app store review for lack of response.

And now they've pulled my app store review.

This is deeply unimpressive behaviour from a professional company. Do I have a next step? I'm going to email them again and ask what's going on, but I don't expect a response. I just don't get it.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Beejive don't jive - 03/23/10 05:43 AM

Might try getting in touch with Apple too, they shouldn't be pulling a review because it's negative.

Re: Beejive don't jive - 03/23/10 05:54 AM

I'll do that in a few days - I've just sent off another email to them, and tried posting a query in Feature Requests instead of Support (you never know, they might be even more fussy than this place wink ). But if I don't hear from them by the end of the week, I'm contacting Apple.

Re: Beejive don't jive - 03/26/10 02:10 AM

Oops, the reason why my app store review wasn't showing was that they were sorted by 'most useful' rather than 'most recent' smile.

I still haven't heard back from them though, so I'm going to contact Apple now.