Crap!

Posted by: Silver_Moon

Crap! - 01/03/10 08:28 AM

iTunes sold me duplicate songs! There's a couple of songs that are under both Emmerdale and Life! I feel ripped off.
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: Crap! - 01/03/10 09:04 AM

Hmmm... buyer beware.
You didn't know what you were buying? You should pay more attention. smile
You can't blame Apple.

Re: Crap! - 01/03/10 09:07 AM

I did know. I just do not know why that happened, so yEs I can
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Crap! - 01/03/10 09:13 AM

If the songs come from two different albums, the store sees them as different songs. iTMS will warn you if you try to buy the same song from the same album.

Re: Crap! - 01/03/10 09:21 AM

But they weren't originally.

Re: Crap! - 01/03/10 09:49 AM

I'm so mad cause those two dollars couldve gone towarda that Cardigans app I wanted... I can't believe the ripped me off like that,
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Crap! - 01/03/10 10:10 AM

Originally Posted By: PChaterosx
I'm so mad cause those two dollars couldve gone towarda that Cardigans app I wanted... I can't believe the ripped me off like that,
It wasn't just Apple doing it, it was the Cardigans when they re-released the older CD's. If you look at Amazon there are songs listed on both, this is from the CD's, not mp3's either, so it appears the songs are on both, although looking on the Cardigans website they weren't originally.

They usually do that to give you some extra content the CD's. Just look closer in the future.

Re: Crap! - 01/03/10 10:15 AM

It's stupid. They shouldve thought about it. I have no more money to spend and I really wanted that app.
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Crap! - 01/03/10 10:41 AM

Quote:
It's stupid. They shouldve thought about it.
Sorry to hear you spent money twice for the same thing but it really is your fault because anywhere you look online the scheme for buying CD's and songs are the same, it's not just the iTunes store. Also every group does it, they add extras to the compilations.

You're just new to buying music online probably?

To put it in perspective, if $2 is the only financial error you ever make in your life you're lucky. grin

Re: Crap! - 01/03/10 11:21 AM

It's not my fault, I just made my iTunes account a week ago.

Re: Crap! - 01/03/10 11:28 AM

Apple doesn't give refunds, do they? frown
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: Crap! - 01/03/10 11:39 AM

If you bought the album, then you're really not out any money--you just got an extra, happens to be a duplicate, for the same money you' would have spent if the extra hadn't been on there. Now, if you bought the single, that's a different story.

Re: Crap! - 01/03/10 11:52 AM

I bought the álbum
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: Crap! - 01/03/10 02:52 PM

It's not Apple's fault if you bought 2 of the same songs. And the fact that they came on different albums and you bought the albums, it didn't cost you anything extra.