iTunes Genius Mix

Posted by: John Rougeux

iTunes Genius Mix - 11/15/09 07:02 AM

Never noticed this before. Pretty cool. smile

Click for full size
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: iTunes Genius Mix - 11/15/09 07:36 AM

Yes, it is pretty cool.
The more diverse music you have, the better the mixes.

On a side note (no pun intended), I sure read a lot of complaints about iTunes on other forums.
Quicktime too.
I don't recall ever having a problem, except for maybe missing codecs in Quicktime.
Windows trolls?
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: iTunes Genius Mix - 11/15/09 10:41 AM

I never have a problem either.

Re: iTunes Genius Mix - 11/15/09 10:41 AM

I found that as soon as I upgraded to iTunes 9. What took you so long?
Posted by: SgtBaxter

Re: iTunes Genius Mix - 11/22/09 11:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Acumowchek
On a side note (no pun intended), I sure read a lot of complaints about iTunes on other forums.
Quicktime too.
I don't recall ever having a problem, except for maybe missing codecs in Quicktime.
Windows trolls?

Quicktime on windows, especially 64 bit is rather sucktacular. Horrible hardware acceleration, glaring UI problems that have existed since 2006 but yet to be fixed, like a black bar showing where the controls should be in a web browser.
Posted by: carp

Re: iTunes Genius Mix - 11/23/09 12:23 PM

Originally Posted By: SgtBaxter
Originally Posted By: Acumowchek
Quicktime too.
Windows trolls?

Quicktime on windows, especially 64 bit is rather sucktacular. Horrible hardware acceleration, glaring UI problems that have existed since 2006 but yet to be fixed, like a black bar showing where the controls should be in a web browser.

Retribution , reciprocity , revenge is a dish best served cold laugh

Consider that all the MS apps (SUCKED) on a Mac , compared to the PC counterparts <-- pay back is a bitch laugh

No really , I thought PCers out strip Macs on iTunes , so therefore it should be more important update the PC version better ? Then again the Mac side buys more then the PC side

Re: iTunes Genius Mix - 11/23/09 12:41 PM

Or M$ just isn't giving QT the support in Windows.

Re: iTunes Genius Mix - 11/23/09 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By: MacBozo
Or M$ just isn't giving QT the support in Windows.

True but Apple could fix that with a plug in ? ? I dunno

Re: iTunes Genius Mix - 11/23/09 01:22 PM

Remember, M$ wanted Apple to kill QT at one time. M$ only wants to support and promote their own "standards."

Re: iTunes Genius Mix - 11/23/09 01:28 PM

Remember, M$ wanted Apple to kill QT at one time. M$ only wants to support and promote their own "standards."

Correct

If I remember correctly MS bought QT and Color Sync from Apple as a part of the great bail out . Which MS most likely Bastardized the code
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: iTunes Genius Mix - 11/24/09 04:33 AM

Originally Posted By: carp

Correct

If I remember correctly MS bought QT and Color Sync from Apple as a part of the great bail out . Which MS most likely Bastardized the code

Huh? I find that hard to believe....

Are you saying they bought the right to use the technology... or that they bought the technology?
Posted by: Jim_

Re: iTunes Genius Mix - 11/24/09 04:50 AM

I don't think that's correct, QT and ColorSync are still Apple's.

Re: iTunes Genius Mix - 11/24/09 04:51 AM

History of QT.

Re: iTunes Genius Mix - 11/24/09 10:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Reboot
I don't think that's correct, QT and ColorSync are still Apple's.

Of-course it is still Apples , MS just bought it , well ColorSync for sure as a part of the 150 million bail out .

I'll look for the article , not sure if I can find it , very old

Re: iTunes Genius Mix - 11/24/09 11:05 AM

Found this , they called it ""Cross Licensing"" a part of the 150 million and settled some patent disputes

now if I can find the 1997 MacWorld article that gave the details , when there was mentioned that ColorSync and QT was ported over with the help of Adobe

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxOp5mBY9IY[/video]

Re: iTunes Genius Mix - 11/24/09 11:07 AM

Yes...ported over. That only means it was rewritten to work on another system/platform.
Completely different than owning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ColorSync

Re: iTunes Genius Mix - 11/24/09 11:08 AM

If I remember correctly MS bought QT and Color Sync from Apple as a part of the great bail out

I think you are remembering MS buying the licensing rights as part of the deal.

Re: iTunes Genius Mix - 11/24/09 11:17 AM

Right they bought it , the license , isn't that what I said ? I did not say they owned it as in only MS can use it . I could have more clear by saying license , thats my fault .

Quote:
Apple, with the help of Adobe had ported ColorSync 2.0 and its SDK to Microsoft Windows.

Surprised Adobe was involved ? I think it was around that time when Adobe released PS for Windows as well ? Then Quark followed shortly after and I believe ColorSync was the key for MS.

Re: iTunes Genius Mix - 11/24/09 09:10 PM

Right they bought it , the license , isn't that what I said ?
No.

If I remember correctly MS bought QT and Color Sync from Apple as a part of the great bail out

Re: iTunes Genius Mix - 11/25/09 11:31 AM

Quote:
I did not say they owned it as in only MS can use it . I could have more clear by saying license , thats my fault .

There the rest of it laugh