WMA Support In iTunes

Posted by: JediJoker7169

WMA Support In iTunes - 10/14/05 11:16 AM

How do you turn on iTunes' WMA support? It even has its own FILE icon for them, but Apple sure doesn't make this straightforward.
Posted by: whitlock

Re:WMA Support In iTunes - 10/14/05 12:31 PM

At this time, there is no WMA support in iTunes except to convert it to AAC or MP3. I have not seen a project out there meant to use WMA in iTunes, so it looks like your out of luck.

Re:WMA Support In iTunes - 10/14/05 12:46 PM

Then WHY would there be a WMA file icon inside the Contents > Resources of iTunes? But in terms of conversion, how does one go about that?

Re:WMA Support In iTunes - 10/14/05 12:54 PM

One trick with iTunes 6, if you have the Flip4Mac WMV plugin, is to open up the WMA in QuickTime, save it as a reference file, and then put that in your library. It shows up as a video, of course, and it gives you a blank, black screen when played, but it still works.

It would be REALLY cool if someone could figure out how to stop this from happening... wink

Post edited by: JediJoker7169, at: 2005/10/15 01:12
Posted by: whitlock

Re:WMA Support In iTunes - 10/15/05 08:39 AM

Drag & drop the WMA file into iTunes and it should ask to convert.

Re:WMA Support In iTunes - 10/15/05 08:43 AM

It won't let me drop it into the library, and although it will let me drop it on the icon, nothing happens after I do.
Posted by: Loophole

Re:WMA Support In iTunes - 10/15/05 04:19 PM

I think the WMA icon is a layover from the PC Version of Itunes which can play WMA files.

You can try EasyWMA but it will not convert protected WMA files.
Easy WMA is shareware but if you have lots of conversions to do it makes life a lot simpler.

Regards

Loophole