iTunes 9.0

Posted by: padmavyuha

iTunes 9.0 - 09/09/09 12:58 PM

...acquires an ugly orange '3D' stripe across its top central info bar. Ugh.
Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: iTunes 9.0 - 09/09/09 01:08 PM

huh? I don't see that on mine.
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: iTunes 9.0 - 09/09/09 03:12 PM

Not on mine either. Oh! My Volume Logic still works! W00t!
Posted by: carp

Re: iTunes 9.0 - 09/09/09 03:20 PM

Try Padys British site , I bet its there

I would but I did not upgrade yet
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: iTunes 9.0 - 09/09/09 06:14 PM

My Volume Logic still works! W00t!

How??!!
I demand to know!
grin

Re: iTunes 9.0 - 09/09/09 06:35 PM

I dl'd the iTunes 8/Leopard update when it was available. grin

Re: iTunes 9.0 - 09/10/09 01:09 AM

Originally Posted By: carp
Try Padys British site , I bet its there

Don't think this is a Brit issue, and it's not the iTunes Store either - it's what you see when you launch iTunes 9:

I know it's not garish (and I suppose it's more peach than orange), but it wasn't there in v8.xx and it's a horrible colour that clashes with my overall green theme. Yek.
Posted by: six_of_one

Re: iTunes 9.0 - 09/10/09 05:27 AM

er ... not to be picky or anything, but I'm not seeing anything even remotely orange/peach in that screenshot ...

Am I missing something?

Re: iTunes 9.0 - 09/10/09 06:20 AM

You're kidding me - are you telling me the background (in a plane between the two round clickables at either end) just looks plain white to you? I'm seeing a pale but distinct graded stripe of peach/orange right the way across, that's designed to make the 'surface' look 'convex'. Wasn't there in 8.x, and looks ugly. I probably wouldn't mind it if it weren't for the choice of colour.

Here's a screenshot of it, blown up 10x:

Re: iTunes 9.0 - 09/10/09 06:33 AM

I see shading. I'm on a color correct, calibrated monitor in my studio.
I see no orange.. rather shades of light green.
Somewhere near Pantone 7485C.
http://www.pantone.com/pages/pantone/colorfinder.aspx

Posted by: John Rougeux

Re: iTunes 9.0 - 09/10/09 09:41 AM

That's what I see too...shades of light green.
Posted by: ChrisN

Re: iTunes 9.0 - 09/10/09 10:25 AM

Wonder if VL will still work with iTunes 9 on Tiger? Don't want to experiment, lose VL and then try to go back to iT 8...

Chris
Posted by: DLC

Re: iTunes 9.0- App organizer - 09/10/09 10:27 AM

downloaded iTunes 9.0 and iPhone 3.1 and updated everything.

Then I opened my iTunes and went to the Apps Tab and rearranged every App according to genre and functions (like Business apps, iPod & camera, radio Apps, Weather, games, etc.) and then hit "Apply" and VIOLA! . . reworked my whole iPhone... that was great being able to see them laid out that way on my G5. I had 4 pages of Apps, it would take forever on the iPhone itself.

Nice Job Steve !! laugh

Re: iTunes 9.0 - 09/10/09 10:43 AM

Originally Posted By: NucleusG4
I see shading. I'm on a color correct, calibrated monitor in my studio.
I see no orange.. rather shades of light green.
Somewhere near Pantone 7485C.

Green? WTF?
I'm on a Macbook Pro, and both the images I posted, and your pantone shade, look pale orange on my screen.

Bizarre - I just changed my screen's colour profile from Color LCD to Apple RGB and your pantone colour on their site changed to pale green - but the my images on this forum in FF and the iTunes bar itself remain stubbornly orange/peach.

Re: iTunes 9.0 - 09/10/09 10:58 AM

Update: I just did an 'expert' level callibration of my screen, and saved it as a new profile. Hey presto, all my oranges are now pale green. This will take a little getting used to - my eyes need to adjust to the change of cast. Still, iTunes is now more bearable smile.

Re: iTunes 9.0 - 09/10/09 01:29 PM

Probably not. VL shut down and therefore esellerate doesn't activate your key anymore.

When you try to activate the key a signal goes out to esellerate... but you won't get any signal back from them and then an error code appears.
I hacked it once... but am having problems doing it again since esellerates engine has been updated to newer version.

I received this today from them trying to get my original key sent to me (I got it).
===

Volume Logic audio enhancement software was discontinued in September 2007. No products are available for sale. Here is the most current information on the iTunes versions:

Windows: There is a free upgrade to fix the incompatibility issues with iTunes 7 on the Windows platform. Any current owners of Volume Logic for iTunes PC can get this upgrade at the following link. Just be sure to uninstall any old version of Volume Logic first. Download link http://www.volumelogic.com/dnld/VolumeLogicSetup_iTunes_1-4.exe

Mac: Volume Logic & Leopard: This product line was discontinued prior to the release of the Apple Leopard operating system and is not compatible with the latest from Mac operating system. You can try the following if you have installed the final release version of Leopard and are having problems with Volume Logic please uninstall VL, reinstall and then activate using the serial number. This has worked for some users. However, no new versions of Volume Logic will be released to address this incompatibility issue.

Thank you for your past support.

Re: iTunes 9.0 - 09/10/09 01:37 PM

My VL is still fully functional with iTunes 9 in Snow Leopard, but it is the last patch of VL they put out. I would assume that if one took enough time with the iTunes equalizer to set a custom set, that it would be a fairly close approximation. It would take time setting the levels and then listening, repeat until you're satisfied.
Posted by: ChrisN

Re: iTunes 9.0 - 09/11/09 07:01 PM

It's weird. My VL worked fine for a long time and then an iTunes update wrecked it awhile back, maybe last year sometime? There was a workaround posted somewhere that worked, something like a universal code, or something. (I do have my original bought and paid for code which may not work due to reasons you cited in your post.)

Anyways, VL has been working since so I hate to update iTunes and try to go back later if iT9 is funky. Looks like a lot folks hate the white bg instead of the former black bg. I'll just wait for now.

Tiger - iTunes 8.xxx

Chris

Re: iTunes 9.0 - 09/14/09 04:27 PM

I just discovered something new. It requires Option-clicking the green button to collapse to the mini-player now.

Re: iTunes 9.0 - 09/15/09 12:14 AM

Hmmm... and if you have Minimise to Doc Icon turned on, even option-click doesn't work. Hadn't noticed that, sigh.

Re: iTunes 9.0 - 09/22/09 11:19 PM

Mini-player on clicking green button fixed in iTunes 9.0.1.
Posted by: MicMeister

Re: iTunes 9.0 - 09/24/09 03:42 AM

But they haven't fixed the external hard drive problem. 4 second pause every time you skip a song off of an external drive is crap. I'm getting more and more tempted to go back to iTunes 8, but I guess that would now also mean reverting to Leopard first and spending at least half a day to get the system back to what it has to be.

And no, copying a 90 gig music library to the internal drive is not an option.