App needed to better organize my Apps!

Posted by: Gil

App needed to better organize my Apps! - 11/26/08 08:06 AM

Mu iPhone now has 6 pages worth of apps, and I'm sure that's on the LOW side for many people.
I'd love to be able to organize them better, to make them easier to find.
For instance, games on one page, music apps on another page, reference info apps on another, etc.
I know I can hold down an app for a few seconds to make the whole screen jiggle and then move an app from one place to another, even to another page, but with all of the rearranging that automatically happens when you do that, to set everything up the way I want would take hours.
There should be a program that would make this easier.
As an iPhone app itself, this would list all the apps I have and give me the option of assigning each one to a page #.
As a desktop utility (this might be better), it would display all the apps as they appear in panels representing different pages and allowing me to move them around by clicking and dragging with the mouse.
Anything like that exist out there?
Posted by: NucleusG4

Re: App needed to better organize my Apps! - 11/26/08 06:38 PM

One way to move several apps at once is to move 4 into the "dock" area... slide to another page and lift out the 4. This enables you to move 4 at once.

Best I can do... sorry.
Posted by: Nagromme

Re: App needed to better organize my Apps! - 11/27/08 05:50 PM

The app situation has far outgrown the iPhone's "Finder" (aka Springboard). Apple will come up with a new method I'm sure--but maybe not soon!

The max is 9 pages, which isn't enough for me--but more to the point, I'd like categories/folders rather than just swiping through a 9-page sea of icons.
Posted by: padmavyuha

Re: App needed to better organize my Apps! - 12/01/08 04:34 AM

Actually, I enjoy arranging iPhone apps on the iPhone - I think it's a free game smile - what it really needs is a way to jump straight from page 1 to page 5, for example, if you've got most-used apps on p1 and dictionaries on p5 it's tedious to have to scroll through the pages one by one.