Sync two computers, one iPod Touch

Posted by: Acumowchek

Sync two computers, one iPod Touch - 11/10/08 05:58 PM

So I only have two computers authorized for iTunes, one at work, one at home.
Sometimes I buy apps and tunes at work, sometimes at home.
Is there a way to sync both computers to know what I've bought?
Seems to me I should be able to push a magic button that will allow me to download, or at least identify, what purchases I've already made between authorized computers.
Does this make sense?
(Sorry Alec, i didn't RTFM).
It's easier to ask here!

Posted by: Nagromme

Re: Sync two computers, one iPod Touch - 11/10/08 09:51 PM

I think you have to do it semi-manually: sorty by Date Added (or use a Smart Playlist), select the songs in question, and drag them from iTunes onto the other machine. Then go to the other machine and drag the songs into iTunes.

In my experience you can only sync ONE computer per data-type per iPod. So my iPhone (in my case) syncs music, apps and "other info" (contacts/calenders/email accounts) with one machine, and it syncs photos with another machine. But it can't sync music with two machines, or photos with two machines.
Posted by: Acumowchek

Re: Sync two computers, one iPod Touch - 11/10/08 10:17 PM

Butů Butů Butů

I have MobleMe!
grin

Yeah, I thought as much.
Thanks for the verification.
Posted by: Nagromme

Re: Sync two computers, one iPod Touch - 11/11/08 06:34 AM

Sometime I want to make a pair of Automator actions that will synch music, contacts, calendar and bookmarks between any two Macs, at least in one direction. (OK, that's not really "sync" I know.) A Send script and a Receive script. It's a simple matter with any of those apps, but doing them all in one shot would be nice.