iTunes not playing the complete song

Posted by: OSXaddict

iTunes not playing the complete song - 09/04/08 10:52 AM

Playing music through iTunes on Shuffle, on some songs they play about 1/2 way then go to another song, on some it only plays about 30 seconds then goes to another song. These are complete songs that I either ripped from CD or purchased through iTMS.<br><br>Any ideas?<br><br><br><br>my photos
Posted by: zwei

Re: iTunes not playing the complete song - 09/04/08 11:19 AM

Get info on the suspect songs and go to the options tab ...see if you have a modified stop time.<br><br>zweisoft<br>

Re: iTunes not playing the complete song - 09/04/08 11:22 AM

ok, will do that.<br><br>And it doesn't do it with every song. What I did was do a search for Radiohead and let it play all the songs on shuffle. But it seems it does it to the majority of the songs..<br><br><br><br>my photos

Re: iTunes not playing the complete song - 09/04/08 11:27 AM

Nope, no modified stop time. I even checked the stop time box because it shows the full time length to see if it would play the whole way....nope. Same problem. <br><br>I shut down and restarted iTunes too.<br><br><br><br>my photos

Re: iTunes not playing the complete song - 09/04/08 11:41 AM

Could just be corrupted songs<br><br>zweisoft<br>

Re: iTunes not playing the complete song - 09/04/08 11:47 AM

I hope not. How would they get corrupted?<br><br><br><br>my photos

Re: iTunes not playing the complete song - 09/04/08 11:52 AM

no idea ...just kinda odd if they did work and now they don't<br><br>zweisoft<br>
Posted by: Nagromme

Re: iTunes not playing the complete song - 09/04/08 11:58 AM

Maybe corrupted metadata but not actual bad song files? Three things to try:<br><br>1. Do a Show in Finder (Cmd-R) on a song with a problem, right-click the file, and open in QuickTime Player. Does it play the whole thing?<br><br>2. Drag some songs into Shared, go to another user account, and drop them into that user's iTunes. Problems there?<br><br>3. Manually change the song end time, then manually change it back to full length.<br><br>(My ancient iPod occasionally ends a song about 5-10 seconds early. It's odd. Doesn't happen in iTunes though.)<br><br>nagr[color:red]o</font color=red>mme<br><br>I require stroyent!<br>TeamMacOSX.com | MacClan.net

Re: iTunes not playing the complete song - 09/04/08 11:58 AM

Yeah, they worked fine before. <br><br><br><br>my photos