Lossless music in Usenet

Posted by: RubenC

Lossless music in Usenet - 08/06/08 11:01 AM

So I've been using Unison for some time now to upload and download music on Usenet which has been making my music library grow more and more. And recently I've stumbled upon the Lossless group which includes my favorite genre "Jazz" and I've collected some great albums such as "The Incredible Jazz Guitar of Wes Montgomery", Kenny Burrell's "Midnight Blue" and Johnny Hartman's Priceless Jazz Collection to name a few.<br><br>So I've wanted to contribute some of my collection and realized there is specific format "FLAC" that is uploaded. I have MacFLAC but I'm wondering if there is something more current? Also does MPEG Streamclip help in this? Just not sure what the process is for us Mac people.<br><br>
Posted by: Mike

Re: Lossless music in Usenet - 08/06/08 01:19 PM

You may want to give Soundconverter a try.... (It's shareware. Read the reviews first, there's some disappointed users!)<br><br>[color:blue][/b]Hodie mihi. Cras tibi.</font color=blue>[/b]

Re: Lossless music in Usenet - 08/06/08 03:40 PM

Well, I looked into it and came across <a href="http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/23430/x-lossless-decoder" target="Lossless"<em>X Lossless Decoder</em></a> which seems to be what I might need, so I'm going to give it a try.<br><br>
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: Lossless music in Usenet - 08/06/08 10:48 PM

FLACer is also kinda old but it still seems to work.<br><br>

Re: Lossless music in Usenet - 08/07/08 04:21 PM

Yeah, that walong the same lines as MacFLAC, but X Lossless seems to be doing the job so far.<br><br>