Apple's [possible] Mistake!

Posted by: droogie

Apple's [possible] Mistake! - 07/08/08 04:42 PM

So, it appears Apple will not only roll out the new iPhone on Friday, but they will wait until then to roll out the new App Store and the iPhone software update. <br><br>BIG MISTAKE, in my opinion!<br><br>I remember how difficult it was getting some things accomplished when the first iPhone was released. Now, Apple will roll out the new iPhone, service with AT&T must be implimented, new purchasers/users must open accounts, download software, update iTunes as well as current iPhone users doing the same, there will be a mad dash for pps at the App Store, etc., etc., etc....<br><br>Not that I know anything about the inner workings at Apple... but, I will venture to say things would go a whole lot smoother and faster if Apple released the new software and opened the App Store before Friday... that way they [at least] get the current iPhone customers' needs/wants/desires out of the way before the rush on Friday.<br><br>Are you kidding me? Everyone I speak with who currently owns an iPhone have been waiting for a year (or more) to be able to download actual applications for their iPhones (including myself), and will be in a mad dash to do so whenever the App Store and new software becomes available.<br><br>Apple, release the new software and open the App Store before Friday! That way servers won't be jammed, and those who are going to purchase for the first time will want to do so even more... they will see all of those nifty new apps on their current iPhone-using buddies' iPhones, thereby solidifying their desire to purchase that new iPhone! <br><br>droog<br><br>
Posted by: FSM

Re: Apple's [possible] Mistake! - 07/08/08 05:44 PM

today i heard that the MobileMe accounts and services will go active tomorrow before midnight. that's a start.<br><br>--<br>[color:red] Kansas Jayhawks -- 2008 National Champions </font color=red>
Posted by: Swatcat

Re: Apple's [possible] Mistake! - 07/09/08 04:26 AM

Relax droogie don't let the stress get to you.<br>Look at it this way in the future the new software update for the iPhone will be like OS 9.2.<br>As for the new apps in the future just compare them to ClarisWorks old and obselete.<br><br>There see problem solved <br><br> My Ultimate Amazing Crap !
Posted by: margadagio

Re: Apple's [possible] Mistake! - 07/09/08 06:22 AM

Ah... shuddup. Quit yer moaning. Count your blessings that you have an iPhone. <br><br> I don't and likely won't until at least a year from now. Likely 2 years.... and right now I'm envious as h3ll of Americans.<br><br>
Posted by: Alec_Fromm

Re: Apple's [possible] Mistake! - 07/09/08 07:41 AM

"... and right now I'm envious as h3ll of Americans."<br><br>I'll likely never go THAT far! <br><br>- a.k.a. Mississauga -

Re: Apple's [possible] Mistake! - 07/09/08 08:02 AM

Very true, a slight exaggeration. <br><br>

Re: Apple's [possible] Mistake! - 07/09/08 06:17 PM

Ah... shuddup. Quit yer moaning.<br><br>Oh no... don't get me wrong... I'm not complaining at all. I will get my new iPhone apps one way or another, sooner or later. I was only contemplating how much simpler and less potentially frustrating this whole new rollout could be if Apple were to let current users have at their software updates and app servers before all of the new users come on board.<br><br>Little more than a passing thought after remembering the first iPhone rollout -- there WERE problems then! <br><br><br>Count your blessings that you have an iPhone.<br><br>Oh I will really be counting them after I'm able to put what I wish on it without continually hacking it! <br><br><br>I don't and likely won't until at least a year from now. Likely 2 years.... <br><br>In the immortal words of a true American political tyrant, master of deception and American Constitutional moron, "I feel your pain!" <br><br><br>...and right now I'm envious as h3ll of Americans.<br><br>Well then, come on down and get one. There has to be some kinda' way to get some kinda' service up there in the frigid north. Or, look at it this way, you guys have the Aurora Borealis, and most of us down here can't even tell you what it looks like! <br><br>Actually, I really can't believe you good Canucks -- and other assorted indigenous Canadian species -- don't have iPhone service yet. I thought you folks would have been the first to have iPhones... other than us, of course.<br><br>Truly sorry, my dear! Hey, would it help to lie and say they're actually not all that great... you're not missing all that much? Nah, didn't think so! Hey, you could always move here! <br><br>Hang in there, Ms. 'Adagio <br><br>droog<br><br>

Re: Apple's [possible] Mistake! - 07/09/08 06:25 PM

Relax droogie don't let the stress get to you.<br><br>No worries, mate! <br><br><br>Look at it this way in the future the new software update for the iPhone will be like OS 9.2.<br><br>Party Pooper!<br><br><br>As for the new apps in the future just compare them to ClarisWorks old and obselete.<br><br>Is there a term worse than "Party Popoper?" <br><br><br>There see problem solved<br><br>Sigh... think I'll play with my old, obsolete iPhone now! Goodbye! <br><br>droog-a-phone<br><br><br><br>

Re: Apple's [possible] Mistake! - 07/10/08 03:42 AM

Well, droogie...<br><br>Looks like I won't be moving down there for a while. <br><br>Our cell carrier has come to their senses and it seems I might be getting that coveted iPhone sooner than later. <br><br>

Re: Apple's [possible] Mistake! - 07/10/08 04:53 PM

Well, droogie... Looks like I won't be moving down there for a while.<br><br>Oh? You may wish to rethink... the weather's better here! <br><br><br>Our cell carrier has come to their senses and it seems I might be getting that coveted iPhone sooner than later.<br><br>Oh darn... and I was sooo looking forward to gloating for at least awhile longer -- because I have one and you don't! <br><br>Seriously, hope you get your wish soon! <br><br>iDroog<br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: DLC

Re: Apple's [possible] Mistake! - 07/10/08 06:11 PM

What? I just downloaded an app called Jotz tonight .. lets you make voice notes.<br>FREE... course I don't have the iPhone 2.0 update...<br><br>I'm sure this will cause the long awaited DEATH of Apple !! <br><br>Hurrah for VISTA !! <br><br><br><br>David (OFI)
Posted by: carp

Re: Apple's [possible] Mistake! - 07/10/08 09:04 PM

Don't worry David<br><br>MS has always been nipping on the heels of Apple , like a pice of toilet paper stuck on the bottom of your shoe. Like the Zune was to the iPod , MS will offer the "PeZune" ahh People Zune Phone - comes in urine yellow and shiit for brown colors - has half the features of the iPhone but has a full feature ME mobile software OS up graded with a "confidence" slogan - has a multi-touch screen which works best using your middle finger <br><br><br><br>