iTunes on a couple of computers weirdness

Posted by: polymerase

iTunes on a couple of computers weirdness - 06/21/08 06:05 AM

I have iTunes on a couple of authorized computers. I punched in redemption codes on one computer and added money to my iTunes account. Worked great. On that computer I show the proper positive cash up in the small window which usually shows your email address within iTunes.<br><br>Everything hunky dory.<br><br>But on my laptop I cannot get this positive cash to show. I am unable to use it. No matter that I have authorized, my email shows up in that window, I've looked through all the account settings. There is no place to tell iTunes that it is OK for me to spend that money.<br><br>Any of this make sense? Is it impossible to do what I am trying to do? If that one computer died would I lose the money?<br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Alec_Fromm

Re: iTunes on a couple of computers weirdness - 06/21/08 06:12 AM

Sounds like a cache issue. Try quitting iTunes, navigating to Home/Library/Caches/com.apple.iTunes and move the file "Cache.db" to your desktop. Start iTunes and check if that resolved the issue. If not, you can replace the cache file.<br><br>- a.k.a. Mississauga -
Posted by: Jim_

Re: iTunes on a couple of computers weirdness - 06/21/08 06:23 AM

Reboot.<br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game

Re: iTunes on a couple of computers weirdness - 06/21/08 06:44 AM

Rebooting has no effect. The cache folder has no files or folders relating to iTunes. And yes, I did go to the Library within my own home folder and not the universal library.<br><br>Caveat: My daughter just purchased a couple of songs using that redemption money on her laptop. (I didn't even realize she had access.) Is there a two computer rule here for access to the cash?<br><br>I just paid for Justin Timberlake????<br><br>
Posted by: Jim_

Re: iTunes on a couple of computers weirdness - 06/21/08 06:50 AM

Sign out of iTunes and back in?<br><br>------>#1 - JD's Trivia game<br><br>------>#2 - MM-MCF Trivia game

Re: iTunes on a couple of computers weirdness - 06/21/08 07:16 AM

Signed out signed in, no money. Signed in, deleted Credit Card ability to purchase. Signed out signed in, still no redemption money.<br><br>iTunes is driving me to Limewire, must resist, must resist (I'll just borrow it until the cash is straightened out says the devil, Ahh, you know it is wrong says the angel, FU angel.)<br><br>Ah, the devil won. I'll send five bucks direct to Bo Burnham.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Alec_Fromm

Re: iTunes on a couple of computers weirdness - 06/21/08 09:22 AM

"The cache folder has no files or folders relating to iTunes."<br><br>If you're running Leopard and have no specific iTunes cache folder within the Caches folder of your user Library, something is very amiss. Have you at any time run a third party cache cleaning utility? This is the only way I can imagine that cache database was eliminated.<br><br>- a.k.a. Mississauga -

Re: iTunes on a couple of computers weirdness - 06/21/08 09:31 AM

Nope, this is a relatively new MacBook Air. No utilities whatsoever have been run on it. I also have never had this iTune function work on this computer. It has all my other account information, but no money in the account. I have seen the cash on my tower after not seeing it here so you are on the right track. It is a machine specific problem.<br><br>So how do I make a cache to see the cash?<br><br>
Posted by: margadagio

Re: iTunes on a couple of computers weirdness - 06/21/08 09:38 AM

How about trying to deauthorize your machine then add it again?<br><br>
Posted by: iBookmaster

Re: iTunes on a couple of computers weirdness - 06/21/08 09:53 AM

I'd say sign out of all of the other computers then try on the one that isn't iTuning correctly. <br><br>Too many lives they've spent across the ocean. Too much money been spent upon the moon. Well, until they make it right, I hope they never sleep at night. They better make some changes and do it soon. -Things Goin' On/Lynyrd Skynyrd

Re: iTunes on a couple of computers weirdness - 06/21/08 09:56 AM

De-authorizing, closing programs and restarting did not work. After restarting my dot mac account was still in that window, no cash.<br><br>De-authorizing all other computers is out. One of them is near Fenway Park and the Cardinals play the Sox soon. If I had tickets I would try it.<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>