iTunes VolumeLogic fix

Posted by: sross

iTunes VolumeLogic fix - 10/01/06 08:58 AM

Folks,<br>This is a temporary fix for all that have VolumeLogic and had it broken by iTunes 7.<br>In system preferences, go to sound and switch to "internal speakers" or any other set. Then, switch back to your speakers, it will enable VolumeLogic. VL must be turned off at the time you make the switch and then turned back on.<br>Viola ! Temporary, but effective.<br>Cheers. <br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: iTunes VolumeLogic fix - 10/01/06 09:29 AM

Nope. No fix here. I have my speakers plugged into the headphone jack, and that's the only option listed in the Sound CP. If I unplug the speakers, the list displays "Internal Speakers", and as soon as I plug back in, it switches back to "Headphones". There's no switching option in the pref pane. And unplugging and plugging back in didn't revive VL. Guess I'll just have to wait for the update.<br><br>
Posted by: MacBozo

Re: iTunes VolumeLogic fix - 10/01/06 10:18 AM

Same here. I'll just wait for the fix, too.<br><br>

Re: iTunes VolumeLogic fix - 10/01/06 11:14 AM

Oh. I guess if you only have the option of plugging your speakers in the headphone jack, there is no option.<br>I do know that going to the sound prefs will show all "sets" such as internal speakers and soundsticks, etc. Sorry you didn't have the option to switch.<br>Another suggestion was to use AudioHijack. It also works but is a bit step-heavy.<br><br><br>

Re: iTunes VolumeLogic fix - 10/01/06 12:47 PM

Eh. No biggy. I'm working on-site and on other equipment these days, so I don't have much time to use iTunes, anyway. I'll just wait for the update (watch, it'll be for Tiger only *puts pistol barrel in left ear*)<br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: iTunes VolumeLogic fix - 10/01/06 01:26 PM

Weird, the only options I have are <br>Line Out Built-in Audio<br>Digital Out Optical digital-out port<br><br>

Re: iTunes VolumeLogic fix - 10/01/06 02:32 PM

Use the right ear. Left is so gauche, you know. <br><br>

Re: iTunes VolumeLogic fix - 10/01/06 02:38 PM

I haven't used gauche since the invention of Illustrator!<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: iTunes VolumeLogic fix - 10/02/06 05:52 AM

Why don't you just revert back to iTunes 6?<br><br>CreativeGuy for daily tips, tricks and commentary on all things graphic design.

Re: iTunes VolumeLogic fix - 10/02/06 07:53 AM

That would be so... retro. <br><br>I use iTunes so infrequently, it's just not an issue. When the VL update comes out, I'll install it and if it is Tiger only, then I'll revert to iTunes 6 (I still have it on my external HD).<br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: iTunes VolumeLogic fix - 10/02/06 08:36 AM

Crap, I had my hopes up when I saw this. Thanks for posting it though, sross, I'm sure it has helped some people.<br><br><br><br>

Re: iTunes VolumeLogic fix - 10/02/06 09:26 AM

It works for anyone who has a set of external speakers, (I am told.)<br>When I go to my sound prefs in the system prefs window, I have two options: internal speakers and soundsticks.<br>I open iTunes and the VL logic loads but should be off.<br>I go back to the sys pref window and "select" internal speakers.<br>I then switch to soundsticks and turn ON VL.<br>Here is the thread in Apple Discussions: (it's toward the end of the thread)<br><br>http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=638400&tstart=45 <br><br>I hope it works for more folks here than just me.<br><br>
Posted by: Pete

Re: iTunes VolumeLogic fix - 10/02/06 09:31 AM

Two solutions:<br><br>1) better speakers<br>2) turn up hearing aid.<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: iTunes VolumeLogic fix - 10/02/06 09:32 AM

I didn't have much options when I tried on mine (see above post by me) and I have external speakers hooked up.<br><br>

Re: iTunes VolumeLogic fix - 10/02/06 09:36 AM

<br><br>
Posted by: Trog

Re: iTunes VolumeLogic fix - 11/17/06 06:36 PM

Well, I finally gave up. They obviously don't know how to fix the problem. Its not even owned by the same company anymore.<br><br>

Re: iTunes VolumeLogic fix - 11/18/06 05:54 PM

The beta universal binary works.<br><br>