ITunes issue

Posted by: sross

ITunes issue - 09/23/06 07:51 AM

Hey folks,<br>This is the only place for me to go to for help. I know I have been absent, but I have a doctor's excuse. ;o) So, here goes.......<br>I made the mistake of installing a new plug-in (iWow) demo which is similar to VolumeLogic, but both "broke."<br>I uninstalled both and reinstalled just my VL which is licensed. Somehow, it doesn't work at all. I don't know if I can blame the latest iTunes update, but I really want it back.<br>Is anyone else having the same issue? Does anyone have any suggestions?<br>Yes, I repaired permissions and ran MacJanitor. <br>Any help would be greatly appreciated.<br>Thanks<br><br><br>
Posted by: yoyo52

Re: ITunes issue - 09/23/06 07:59 AM

Welcome back Sherman! Hope your medical excuse is no longer valid and you're healthy (as well as wise--we won't ask about the wealthy part ).<br><br>If you installed the latest version of iTunes, 7.0, that's your problem, VL is still not compatible with it, as far as I know. You might check to see if there's a recent update to VL, though, just to make sure.<br><br>edit: Just checked VT, and no, the most recent update for VL is f rom 2005.<br><br>____________________________________________________<br>Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,<br>But to be young was very heaven!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by yoyo52 on 09/23/06 11:04 AM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: ITunes issue - 09/23/06 08:11 AM

Thanks, YoYo<br>I didn't have a problem until yesterday when I installed iWOW. VL was working fine and then they both broke. I guess it is a security issue built into iTunes that VL has to deal with.<br>I really miss it.<br>Healthwise, all parts are still operational. There has been a great deal happening here and, unfortunately, I have been in the middle of most.<br>Even one of my clerks served on the Enron jury.<br>Thanks for the good words. I have really missed this place. <br><br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: ITunes issue - 09/23/06 08:16 AM

SHERM! How are you? So cool to see you back. <br><br>Yes, I was bummed to see VL knocked out, but the fix be a-comin' soon.<br><br>

Re: ITunes issue - 09/23/06 08:25 AM

Steve,<br>Thanks for the info. Now the nagging question: How come it worked until now? Ah yes, I guess it is just another one of life's great mysteries.<br>By the way. Shana Tovah!<br>And Happy New Year to everyone at MM ! <br><br>
Posted by: OSXaddict

Re: ITunes issue - 09/23/06 12:26 PM

Welcome back Sherman! Hope to see you around here more.<br><br>
Posted by: walzuhair

Re: ITunes issue - 09/23/06 01:05 PM

Howdy Sherman, nice to see you again Sir..<br><br>Is "Shana" means "year"? It's called "Sana" in Arabic <br><br><br>www.waleedsgallery.biz<br>
Posted by: steveg

Re: ITunes issue - 09/23/06 01:31 PM

Happy new year to you, too, Sherm. Stick around, eh?<br><br>

Re: ITunes issue - 09/23/06 07:08 PM

Thanks, cousin.<br>Glad to be here.<br><br>

Re: ITunes issue - 09/23/06 07:11 PM

Thanks, I guess it's time to be sociable again. <br><br>
Posted by: lesh

Re: ITunes issue - 09/24/06 06:18 AM

*waves hello to Sherman* <br><br>