whats the best way to back up your Itunes folder?

Posted by: gnfnr2k

whats the best way to back up your Itunes folder? - 06/08/05 08:49 PM

I use toast for my cd backing up, and i wanted to back up my i tunes folder, when I tried doing that, i got a messaging saying only 99 tracks can be put on a cd, but I know that is not correct. So what am I doing wrong?<br><br>
Posted by: MikeSellers

Re: whats the best way to back up your Itunes folder? - 06/08/05 09:00 PM

External hard drive and burning my Music folder to a DVD. I can't imagine trying to back it up to CDs.<br><br>
Posted by: Optimus_George

Re: whats the best way to back up your Itunes folder? - 06/08/05 09:38 PM

Seems like you might have it set to burn as an mp3 disk and not a data disk. Try setting it up as a data disk. That should work.<br><br>

Re: whats the best way to back up your Itunes folder? - 06/08/05 09:45 PM

I only have like 500 songs on my I tunes folder, i am pretty sure a CD can hold like 2000 mps cant it?<br>Also I cant find the option on toast to burn as mp3, that is my problem.<br>
Posted by: drjohn

Re: whats the best way to back up your Itunes fold - 06/08/05 10:10 PM

A CD holds about 700MB.<br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: whats the best way to back up your Itunes folder? - 06/08/05 10:15 PM

You could get maybe 200 average sized MP3s on one CD. If you just want to back up your MP3 files insert a blank CD and drag and drop about 700 MB of files on the CD. Then repeat the process with the next CD until you have all the files burned to CDs.<br><br>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: whats the best way to back up your Itunes folder? - 06/08/05 11:02 PM

Here's the idiot-proof way<br><br>Go into the itunes burning prefs<br><br>change from audio cd to data cd<br><br>drag your entire library into an untitled playlist<br><br>click burn<br><br>it will burn one cd at a time, asking for the next as you go. <br><br>You're welcome...no charge!<br><br>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: whats the best way to back up your Itunes fold - 06/09/05 06:32 AM

nice! i'll have to post this one as a tip...<br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: whats the best way to back up your Itunes fold - 06/09/05 07:25 AM

Too late buddy! <br><br><br><br>CreativeGuy: For your "fix" of design software tips, tricks & commentary.

Re: whats the best way to back up your Itunes folder? - 06/09/05 07:57 AM

you rock thanks.<br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: whats the best way to back up your Itunes folder? - 06/09/05 08:01 AM

F.Y.I. I have a few FireWire Drives and I've always found that to be the best way to back up things like my music files. Because you can easily add or remove files as you go.<br><br>
Posted by: iraszl

Re: whats the best way to back up your Itunes fold - 06/09/05 12:39 PM

LOL! :)<br><br>