How to deauthorize a Mac in iTunes

Posted by: Bryan

How to deauthorize a Mac in iTunes - 04/28/05 01:56 AM

I'm going to be selling this Mac on eBay, therefore I need to deauthorize the computer. <br><br>Question:<br><br>Over the 2 years I've been buying from iTunes, I've used around 4 accounts to purchase various songs. Do I need to deauthorize this computer from all 4 accounts? Anybody know if I have to do that through iTunes itself, or can it be done online?<br><br><br><br>
Posted by: Optimus_George

Re: How to deauthorize a Mac in iTunes - 04/28/05 04:42 AM

I think you just deauthorize it in iTunes on the Mac you're selling. It's under the advanced menu.<br><br>

Re: How to deauthorize a Mac in iTunes - 04/28/05 04:46 AM

I wonder if it magically de-authorizes the computer from all the accounts of which I purchased tunes. <br><br>Or maybe I don't understand. <br><br>
Posted by: Optimus_George

Re: How to deauthorize a Mac in iTunes - 04/28/05 05:29 AM

So you've purchased songs on the same computer and this computer is authorized on 4 different accounts? My guess would be that you'd have to log in with each of the accounts and deauthorize separately. But I'm not positive.<br><br>

Re: How to deauthorize a Mac in iTunes - 04/28/05 05:43 AM

I think you're right. <br><br>No biggie though...I know what they are and remember the passwords. Looks like I'm just dealing with 3 accounts. <br><br>Thanks for the assistance!<br><br>

Re: How to deauthorize a Mac in iTunes - 04/28/05 06:05 AM

Got it figured out...<br><br>In a nutshell, the computer authorization is tied to the account, not the individual songs. So all I had to do was log into each individual account and deauthorize it. <br><br>I also was able to update the contact info and blow out old credit card information, as well as see how many computers were authorized for each account. <br><br>Apple makes it so easy! [/end of Apple fanboy infomercial]<br><br>