Oops!!! Deleted iTMS song

Posted by: trey

Oops!!! Deleted iTMS song - 03/03/05 10:22 AM

Has anyone ever done that? Do they keep a record of the thing so that I can get it again without repurchasing it?<br><br>One song isn't that big a deal, but I deleted a lot of song files the other day and I'm afraid I'll find that I trashed more than just that one.<br><br>
Posted by: Pete

Re: Oops!!! Deleted iTMS song - 03/03/05 10:28 AM

Best bet is to back that stuff up to CD or DVD- I think you're pretty much screwed if you delete something purchased from the store- they make you buy it again.<br><br><br>[color:red]MLB, O&A - only on XM! Sign up now and drive up my stock...</font color=red>
Posted by: Bryan

Re: Oops!!! Deleted iTMS song - 03/03/05 10:48 AM

Yeah...you're SOL. Just write it off as 'stupid tax.'<br><br>I back up my .m4p files every couple months....for that very reason. <br><br>
Posted by: trey

Re: Oops!!! Deleted iTMS song - 03/03/05 11:09 AM

Hehe, as it turns out I didn't delete. It turns out it was an album that I stripped the DRM off of using JHymn. I guess I just ahd to remap the files to iTunes.<br><br>I figured I had deleted it because the other day I was going through my library and trashing a bunch of the old Napster/Aimster era stuff that had bad file names and the like. Just thought that maybe the songs had gotten lost in the mix.<br><br>
Posted by: adzoox

Re: Oops!!! Deleted iTMS song - 03/04/05 06:20 AM

This isn't true.<br><br>Apple DOES keep a record along with your one click account of the songs you purchased. If you ever lose them, Apple will (reluctantly) reset your download and DRM abilities for that song.<br><br>All you have to do is call 1-800-MY APPLE and talk to a rep to get it done or send an email from the iTunes Support page.<br><br><br><br>WWW.ADZOOX.COM & www.JACKWHISPERS.COM
Posted by: Pete

Re: Oops!!! Deleted iTMS song - 03/04/05 12:22 PM

*reluctantly* is the key.<br><br>I recently had to twist some arms at Cupertino because of my own iTMS situation- seems the wife didn't quite understand how the whole 'shopping cart' system worked...<br><br>Wife: "Can I buy this Norah Jones song in iTunes?"<br>Me: "Sure, be my guest"<br>Wife: "Ok, where did it go?"<br>Me: "In the shopping cart- you have to buy it from there now..."<br>Wife: "Ok, I hit the 'Buy Now' button?"<br>Me: (obviously too late) "Don't hit the big one, hit the one next to-"<br>Wife: "Oops"<br><br>Luckily I WAS able to cancel the download and Apple kindly refunded my credit card & reset my shopping cart. But not without a chastising email...<br><br>[color:red]MLB, O&A - only on XM! Sign up now and drive up my stock...</font color=red>