I tunes question

Posted by: gnfnr2k

I tunes question - 07/16/04 02:31 PM

I am trying to make a mix cd but one of the songs I want has a hidden song after it so the track is 15 mins long, I just want the first songs, is there a way to cut just the first part ? Or is there a good free program I can use to seperate the tracks, thanks.<br><br>
Posted by: zwei

Re: I tunes question - 07/16/04 03:06 PM

Yes! ...select the song you want to edit, choose "Get Info" (Command+I), go to the options tab and set the Stop Time to whatever time you like.<br><br>It's non-destructive so you can always take it back off later.<br><br>
Posted by: RubenC

Re: I tunes question - 07/16/04 03:08 PM

I've used <a href="http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/4811" target="program" <em> Sound Studio</em> </a> in the past. It's shareware, and they offer a free trial period to try the program.<br><br>

Re: I tunes question - 07/16/04 03:10 PM

thanks<br><br>

Re: I tunes question - 07/16/04 03:16 PM

Oh it did not work, when i drag it over to toast it still says the song is 15 mins line not 5<br><br>

Re: I tunes question - 07/16/04 03:19 PM

You can also change that same option on a CD before you import it and it will come in at that length. OR (if you aren't worried about quality degradation) you can now right-click on that song and tell it to convert the selection to AAC and it will make another file that is at your specified length. <br><br>For future reference. <br><br>

Re: I tunes question - 07/16/04 03:29 PM

May I ask why you are burning them through toast and not iTunes? Follow my instructions above to actually shorten the song. <br><br>

Re: I tunes question - 07/16/04 06:42 PM

I just like using toast, is I tunes better to burn from<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by gnfnr2k on 07/16/04 09:45 PM (server time).</EM></FONT></P>

Re: I tunes question - 07/16/04 09:57 PM

In iTunes all you have to do is click the little plus sign at the bottom left (create a new playlist) and drag all the songs you want in there. Then when you select that playlist the little eye in the upper right hand corner switches to a little spiral metal thing. Click it to open it up and click the Burn CD icon inside. <br><br>very simple, and you don't have to copy the files out of iTunes first! <br><br>