iTunes Burner Requirements

Posted by: Anonymous

iTunes Burner Requirements - 06/26/04 02:07 PM

Hi,<br>one question: Does iTunes absolutely need a G3 400 MHz cpu in order to burn CDs? I'm using a G3 333 Mhz Lombard and I'd like to buy an external ForMAc burner. It'd be a waste if it didn't work...<br>Aybody out there tried this yet?<br>Thanx!<br><br>
Posted by: JohnR

Re: iTunes Burner Requirements - 06/26/04 02:41 PM

Is there anywhere that mentions CPU requirements to burn from iTunes? If there is...I had no idea. I figured any burner would work.<br><br>
Posted by: adzoox

Re: iTunes Burner Requirements - 06/26/04 03:11 PM

As long as you have OS 9.2.2 or 10.2 and higher iTunes will work. With the lombard you'll have to have a firewire card in order to go higher than 4X burning.<br><br>www.adzoox.com & www.jackwhispers.com
Posted by: iRock

Re: iTunes Burner Requirements - 06/26/04 03:16 PM

What a timely question. Yes, I think you do, on my model anyway. Read the link here and see what I had to do. click here for the link to my solution and my post there has a link to my problem. And I'm still not sure if it will work but we need the upgrade. Hope this helps.<br><br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: iTunes Burner Requirements - 06/27/04 05:37 AM

@iRock:<br>Thanx, but that is not an option for me. Upgrading the Lombard to G4 (there is a G3 Lombard Powerbook G4 upgrade by daystar) would cost me about 400 Euros, way too much for a 433 G4 cpu... considering the old ATI chip... no good...<br>I'll just have to backup my music the old fashioned way. Too bad, I was really enjoying iTunes up to now. Not that this will change, but burning from iTunes would have been great! Now that the iTMS Europe opened, my music library keeps getting bigger and bigger....<br><br>
Posted by: iRock

Re: iTunes Burner Requirements - 06/27/04 10:25 AM

But you may be able to find some shareware or use iTunes itself to export some songs and convert them and burn them with Toast. It may take more work but I don't think impossible. Especially if you get a larger hard drive. It's a shame to not get them backed up for what they cost. I know you can burn them as files for back up if not convert them for audio CDs which we are trying to get. I have an iPod and I have to jump through hoops to get my husband's stuff burned on CD. The hard part is we each have our own iTunes accounts and separate computers, mine is a TiBook G4 400, his is my old one the G3 350. So I can move his stuff onto the iPod but it doesn't let my computer burn it. I found a script that does. It can be convoluted but generally someone has written a program to work around. If you decide to get a burner, look on MacUpdate or VersionTracker for converting song files. Maybe someone has tried this? Search all the Mac forums. Now that I've confused the heck out of you good luck and enjoy the music. <br><br>