Careful......

Posted by: sross

Careful...... - 04/28/04 07:00 AM

I just installed iTunes 4.5.1 with no problem. I then installed the iPod update with no problem....except that iTunes no longer recognizes my iPod.<br>It shows up on the desktop and is recognized as a hard drive and even starts iTunes when upon restart. The two choices (whether to erase and upgrade or keep the library in place) were greyed out and it keeps telling me to plug in my iPod. Yes, I have tried all the combinations of plugging and unplugging.<br>If nobody else has the same problem, I will have to retrace my install steps. <br>I will not panic...........I will not panic.............yet.<br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: Careful...... - 04/28/04 07:10 AM

Sorry to hear that. Not sure what the problem might be, but don't panic! <br><br>

Re: Careful...... - 04/28/04 07:22 AM

I'm sure that Apple may know about this. I can't be the only one with the issue...........can I?<br><br>
Posted by: DaddyMac

Re: Careful...... - 04/28/04 07:49 AM

Fsck the machine, repair permissions, reboot, reinstall, then go lie down and take a nap.<br><br><br><br>[color:red]You slap my back, I'll slap yours!</font color=red>

Re: Careful...... - 04/28/04 08:11 AM

Oh yes, the other thing it does is start iTunes when I plug the iPod in, but it doesn't "see" it. Go figure.<br>This is the new, relaxed me. Playing hooky and "supervising" the work on our patio, listening to my 'tunes and chillin. <br><br>

Re: Careful...... - 04/28/04 09:55 AM

I just attempted to download the Quicktime upgrade to 6.5.1 and it says I can't because my system is greater than 10.1.5......duh. I am running Panther. <br>*backs slowly away from computer*<br><br>
Posted by: Lori

Re: Careful...... - 04/28/04 12:49 PM

There seems to be a glitch. Back away from the computer and wait. Chill out and wait to see what everyone else is experiencing and see if there is a simple fix. I will keep on the lookout for you too. Grab a Margarita while you are at it for me...hehe<br><br><br>My Stuff

Re: Careful...... - 04/28/04 12:55 PM

You.....You....How is it that I knew you would come to my aid as usual. You're good......YOU! <br>By the way, your sig is just "floating." Great 3D effect!<br>(I think the margarita is kicking in)<br><br>

Re: Careful...... - 04/28/04 02:43 PM

At the Apple forums there are many with the same problem. sit tight and wait for another update. Seems like we have been doing this a lot lately....hmmmm, what's up with that?<br><br><br>My Stuff

Re: Careful...... - 04/28/04 02:48 PM

I just wish I had self control. I see an update and I am drawn to it.<br>But, more often than not, I am not disappointed. I think <br><br>

Brainstorm! - 04/28/04 06:35 PM

It was suggested in the Apple to upgrade the iPod on a Mac that hadn't upgraded iTunes yet. DUH!<br> I popped into the kitchen and was able to upgrade. I came back to the "upgraded iTunes" Mac and it works just fine. It took a few more seconds, but kicked in.<br>YAY!<br><br>

Re: Brainstorm! - 04/28/04 06:53 PM

I just read that over at the forums also. glad you saw it and got your poddy working!<br><br><br>My Stuff