iTunes brushed metal kill

Posted by: iraszl

iTunes brushed metal kill - 12/26/03 02:21 AM

<br><br>
Posted by: JohnR

Re: iTunes brushed metal kill - 12/26/03 02:44 AM

Ahh..click the picture to go to the link..I see. I had no idea what this post was about at first.<br><br>Hmmm..doesn't seem to do a LOT, so I wouldn't think it was worth it. But that's just me.<br><br>

Re: iTunes brushed metal kill - 12/26/03 03:22 AM

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>I wouldn't think it was worth it<p><hr></blockquote><p>well, it just removes the brushed metal effect. that's all it can do.<br><br>
Posted by: Michael

Re: iTunes brushed metal kill - 12/26/03 03:59 AM

I don't get why people are so bothered by the brush metal look. Is battleship gray really better?<br><br>
Posted by: JohnR

Re: iTunes brushed metal kill - 12/26/03 04:18 AM

I don't mind the brushed metal look myself.<br><br>

Re: iTunes brushed metal kill - 12/26/03 04:32 AM

I don't mind it either, but I thought maybe someone is interested.<br><br>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: iTunes brushed metal kill - 12/26/03 12:28 PM

I'm waiting for spandex. <br><br>
Posted by: MacGizmo

Re: iTunes brushed metal kill - 12/27/03 10:46 AM

I really like brushed metal, but I can understand why people dislike it. It's distracting. The dark to light to dark gradient, the "grain texture" these are particularly annoying when you're dealing with small windows or cramped toolbars.<br><br>I've been using a really nice ShapeShifter theme called Regia III - it's a nice "flattened" greyish colored theme with altered widgets.<br><br><br><br><br>Visit My Web Site!

Re: iTunes brushed metal kill - 12/27/03 01:13 PM

that theme looks so 90's<br><br><pre>PMG5/1.8Ghz/1GBRAM, PBG3/400Mhz/768MBRAM, AirportX</pre><p>
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: iTunes brushed metal kill - 12/27/03 04:57 PM

is there anymore themes for shapeshifter?????<br><br>

Re: iTunes brushed metal kill - 12/27/03 11:30 PM

there are many.<br><br><br>Check out the unsanity's page for links:<br>http://www.unsanity.com/haxies/shapeshifter/<br><br><pre>PMG5/1.8Ghz/1GBRAM, PBG3/400Mhz/768MBRAM, AirportX</pre><p>

Re: iTunes brushed metal kill - 12/27/03 11:31 PM

List from MacUpdate:<br>http://www.macupdate.com/search.php?keywords=ShapeShifter<br><br><pre>PMG5/1.8Ghz/1GBRAM, PBG3/400Mhz/768MBRAM, AirportX</pre><p>

Re: iTunes brushed metal kill - 12/28/03 11:51 PM

Yeah, it looks like a modernized OS9, but I like it because it's NOT Aqua, and it's very neutral in color. I'm still waiting for Omega to be released, it's supposed to be the "Be-all-end-all" of themes for OSX... if it ever gets released.<br><br>Here's a "teaser" of it (though it doesn't show much, it does give an idea of the overall appearance of the theme)<br><br><br><br><br>Visit My Web Site!

Re: iTunes brushed metal kill - 12/29/03 12:54 AM

I'd like that too! any news when it's coming out?<br><br><pre>PMG5/1.8Ghz/1GBRAM, PBG3/400Mhz/768MBRAM, AirportX</pre><p>

Re: iTunes brushed metal kill - 12/29/03 06:43 AM

it was supposed to be out already, but according to the author of the theme, it has been delayed until after Unsanity releases the next version of ShapeShifter because it will allow him to colorize the text used in menus, etc. (which is what ruins most dark themes - so it should be a nice theme!) I'm guessing February or Mach.<br><br><br>Visit My Web Site!

Re: iTunes brushed metal kill - 12/30/03 11:02 PM

wow, great! let us know when it's out!<br><br><pre>PMG5/1.8Ghz/1GBRAM, PBG3/400Mhz/768MBRAM, AirportX</pre><p>