Entourage2004/Mail.app

Posted by: cplummer

Entourage2004/Mail.app - 04/15/08 07:18 AM

I have been trying to set Now up to date as my default calendar. When accepting calendar invites from either mail.app or Entourage i'd like them to be shown in now up to date instead of ical or Entourage. Is there any way of doing this?
Posted by: Antaria09

Entourage2004/Mail app - 01/28/10 02:02 AM

When you start typing an e-mail in Entourage and Mail.app, addresses popup that you have typed before some are not in your Address Book. Where do these e-mail addresses live?

Guy Mainwaring
Brighton, Vic.
Posted by: John Wallace

Re: Entourage2004/Mail app - 01/28/10 06:36 AM

Originally Posted By: "Antaria09"

When you start typing an e-mail in Entourage and Mail.app, addresses popup that you have typed before some are not in your Address Book. Where do these e-mail addresses live?

Those email addresses live in a centralized database managed by the Mac OS called "The Truth". The Truth contains all of the contact and calendar information that is given to it by various applications such as Now X, Entourage, iCal, AddressBook, etc. which communicate through an Apple technology called Sync Services. NUDC5 doesn't support Sync Services and it would be difficult to do so, which is one of the reasons we wrote Now X.
Posted by: dsawyer

Re: Entourage2004/Mail app - 01/28/10 10:05 AM

Quote:

Both applications keep a record (each internally in the application) of previous email addresses and will remember and pop them up even though they're not in Address Book. You can view and edit this list by going to the Window -> Previous Recipients in Mail. I can't remember where this is in Entourage.

In any case, it has nothing to do with NUDC or Now X.