How to transfer calendars to iCal

Posted by: lewisriley

How to transfer calendars to iCal - 02/09/08 07:14 AM

I've seen a few people wondering how to do this or if it is even possible.

I've found a program that will import data from a text file (the only export type Now has) into iCal. It is called iCalTextImport. It is a shareware utility but it seems to do the trick.

Take a look, and if you have any questions let me know.
Posted by: montylee

Re: How to transfer calendars to iCal - 03/27/08 07:52 AM

I have always had trouble getting NUD to iCal. The Now Software utility never worked reliably before, and refuses to work under Leopard. So I resorted to manually transferring key items over.

Then last month I found a fantastic utility called iCalSyncNUTD. It comes from some company whose website East Coast Silicon discussed the product. Let me tell, this product works! It worked 100% in transferring all my NUD dates over, and the cost is only $3.

I don't know anything about the company and what other programs they do, but this one gets 5 stars. It is reliable, never crashes, works, and is unbelievably priced.

In many years, Now Software has never been able to do this with their calendar and then these guys come along and do it for $3. What a deal!

I recommend this product. Very Happy
Posted by: Jacquesd

Re: How to transfer calendars to iCal - 07/31/08 06:44 PM

Totally agree with Montylee....
Great piece of Sync software at a great price!
Would have been nice to get one from Now Software.....
Wink
Posted by: zeph

Re: How to transfer calendars to iCal - 08/06/08 04:02 PM

How about Now Contact? Is there any software to sync Contact to Address Book? I realize there are one-way methods, but my users want to be able to send contacts in both directions.

Thx,
z
Posted by: dsawyer

Re: How to transfer calendars to iCal - 08/07/08 06:13 AM

The same company has a utility called AbSync for Contact to Address Book sync:

http://www.eastcoastsilicon.com/node/12
Posted by: scrapit

Re: How to transfer calendars to iCal - 08/29/08 08:20 AM

i dont know about all of you but i dont like spending money if i dont have to . so heres my free work around.

export your now calendar to a text file
open palms free desktop calendar program
import your text file to the calendar.
export the calendar as a ical format (vcal)
go into your palm preference folder and delete the user file so next time you have a blank calendar
open ical and make a new untitled calendar and import your file.
when you next do an import you need to delete the untitled calendar in ical and then make a new one over again

its a pain in the ass but it works

or just start using ical because your tired of doing the workaround and waiting for a program that is never going to go to market.
Posted by: Edenmills

Re: How to transfer calendars to iCal - 10/11/08 12:56 PM

Hello everyone, how are you. I congratulation the main team of nowsoftwares for help and guide us in forum panel. I checked one of them and get the good result with quality.

Crystal Meth
Posted by: PAddams

Re: How to transfer calendars to iCal - 10/29/08 07:04 PM

Hi,
I used the EastCoastSilicon NUTD > iCal sync. With version NUDC 4.5.3 and OS 10.4.11 on Powerbook 12" 1.33 ghz I could sync. However, literally no documentation from EastCoastSil. Listed categories to sync for NUD and iCal. However, I wanted NUD to overwrite iCal and ended up with duplicates on NUD as a result. Tried several options but worried I will screw up NUD which I'm a 15 yr user. Also, all banners from NUD went into iCal with an extra day on the tail end. Great price, reasonably successful, but between duplicates and banner extra day very annoying. No reply from EastCoast when submitting query. Scared to run the AddressBook sync lest I screw up both Contact and Address Book.
Posted by: evdb

Re: How to transfer calendars to iCal - 11/03/08 08:55 AM

For your information: I also got errors when using this application, and did not get an answer to my questions. So my advise is: do not use it for Address Book.

evdb