Alarms disabled with Snow Leopard Update?

Posted by: steveinla

Alarms disabled with Snow Leopard Update? - 09/21/09 03:36 PM

Since my snow leopard upgrade, my calendar no longer gives me alarms for my events...a catastrophic failure!

Is it just me? Is there a way to fix it? And do NowX alarms work with Snow Leopard?

thanks,

steve
Posted by: John Wallace

Re: Alarms disabled with Snow Leopard Update? - 09/21/09 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: "steveinla"

Since my snow leopard upgrade, my calendar no longer gives me alarms for my events...And do NowX alarms work with Snow Leopard

We have not seen other reports for this, and alarms are working fine on our test machines for Snow Leopard (as well as Tiger and Leopard).

There may be information that is being logged to the console log. Please send in a bug report (which automatically attaches the Now X logs) so that we can see if there is information in them about alarms. To send in a bug report, use the Report Bug command in the Help menu.
Posted by: steveinla

Re: Alarms disabled with Snow Leopard Update? - 09/23/09 02:01 PM

Sorry for any confusion-- this is a NUDC 5 Question-- not NowX. I wasn't clear.

There is no bug report feature in the NUDC 5 help...other options?
Posted by: Sean_dup1

Re: Alarms disabled with Snow Leopard Update? - 09/24/09 07:49 AM

The reason you don't get reminders from Now Up-to-Date & Contact when using 10.6 (Snow Leopard) is because the Quickday menu item is not compatible with 10.6 and it is the process that controls reminders. Every time Apple releases a new OS, they break 3rd party menu items. We are still reviewing the possibility of updating QuickDay and QuickContact to work with Snow Leopard, but the effort involved would not be insignificant, and all our current development efforts are focused on Now X currently.
Posted by: msjuliap

Re: Alarms disabled with Snow Leopard Update? - 10/16/09 11:47 AM

I have the same problem. I submitted a report and received the reply that there are no plans to make NUDC 5 compatible with Snow Leopard. I downloaded the 30-day trial of Now X and HATED IT
Posted by: salome

Re: Alarms disabled with Snow Leopard Update? - 11/01/09 11:12 AM

So do I - I hate Now X, it shows my the week other than NUDC 5 - and some features I don't need at all.
But I need QuicK Day in my Menu Bar and the Alarm!
And I am a bit angry that this is not fixed for Snow Leopard.
I am sure, not to buy Now X.
salome
Posted by: TheMadCow

Re: Alarms disabled with Snow Leopard Update? - 11/01/09 12:58 PM

Originally Posted By: "salome"

I am sure, not to buy Now X.

What, exactly is your solution? How long should the Now team support an older OS? What about the time and money involved in supporting an old version of the application, as opposed to the current versions? How about if you have a line on cash investments that would allow them to expand their team to accommodate your needs? I'm sure if you could come up with the viable solutions to these questions, they'd be all ears.
Posted by: cvbcvb

Re: Alarms disabled with Snow Leopard Update? - 11/01/09 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By: "salome"

salome

What do you expect from a company that has been working on Now X for 3 years? They’ve made it completely clear that NUDC is old code for Apple’s OS X and that Now X is their only way to proceed forward.

Be “angry” all you want but I’m happy that Now Software is allocating its resources to Now X. As for Snow Leopard, I specifically am NOT upgrading because of the problems with NUDC. Why not revert back to Leopard and be “happy”?

CVB
Posted by: dsawyer

Re: Alarms disabled with Snow Leopard Update? - 11/02/09 05:57 AM

Quote:

need QuicK Day in my Menu Bar and the Alarm!

QuickDay and QuickContact depended on Menu Extra Enabler (MEE) from Unsanity to work, and MEE is not and may well never be compatible with Snow Leopard. So Now would have to completely rewrite how QD and QC work in NUDC, something that is not reasonable to expect them do to for a product that's several years old and in the process of being superseded by another product.

If you must run NUDC 5.x and require QuickDay and QuickContact, you will need to stay with, or backgrade to, Mac OS X 10.5 or an earlier version of Mac OS X.
Posted by: tertsbear

Re: Alarms disabled with Snow Leopard Update? - 01/17/10 07:04 PM

Shame that the reminders are not issued by AppleScript instead...