NUD calendar changes after 10.5.8 install

Posted by: pivance

NUD calendar changes after 10.5.8 install - 08/31/09 02:16 PM

Using NUD 5.3.2.
Recently installed 10.5.8 (NOT Snow...) and find that my NUD calendar is difficult to read - change in font, size, etc.
Also, Bonjour server's status is 'Looking for server".
Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Posted by: UCMusic

Re: NUD calendar changes after 10.5.8 install - 09/14/09 10:29 AM

I am having a similar issue with the server connection. At the Music Department at the University of Chicago, we are running Now Server Manager on a Mac running OS 10.5.8. This machine is also running Now Up to Date version 5.3.2. Our other user machines are running OS 10.5.8 or 10.4.11 and are running NUD 5.3.2. The user machines in our department are unable to find the server now. The server status on the client machines says "looking for server". However, the user who is also running the server on his Mac is able to connect to and update events on the server using NUD. Now Server Manager says that the server is running just fine.

I checked network settings and firewall settings on both the client and server machines. Everything looks okay, and nobody is having any issues with other software or network services. I am not sure exactly when the server status changed from "up do date" to "looking for server", but I have not been able to find a solution for this. Can you offer any advice?

Thanks
Posted by: ryoder

Re: NUD calendar changes after 10.5.8 install - 09/14/09 12:29 PM

Originally Posted By: "pivance"

Using NUD 5.3.2.
Recently installed 10.5.8 (NOT Snow...) and find that my NUD calendar is difficult to read - change in font, size, etc.
Also, Bonjour server's status is 'Looking for server".
Any suggestions?
Thanks!

It sounds like your server computer's IP address has changed. Here's what you can do:

First, open Now Server Manager and see what it has listed as the IP address and port number.

Then go back to the client computer and create a new file (File > New...), save it (File > Save... make it primary) and then go to Server > Server Connections, and click the plus sign. Switch from "Bonjour" to "IP address" and manually type in the Server name, IP address, and port number that you see listed in Now Server Manager. Then click Add, and then click Done.

Then at the bottom of the window, in the status bar, it should say "Reading from server..." and then, "events up to date." Once it says up to date, go to Define > Sets, and double click on the categories to subscribe to them.

If you're still having the font issue, you can change the font, style, and size by going to Define > Calendar Layouts...