Multiple Calendars

Posted by: smairs

Multiple Calendars - 08/29/09 06:52 AM

I would like to have multiple calendars as I did in old Now Up-To-Date, but can not figure out how to do that. Can anyone guide me or is it nor possible? Thank Sam
Posted by: Sean_dup1

Re: Multiple Calendars - 08/29/09 08:25 AM

Where Now Up-to-Date was a document based application and allowed you to have multiple files, Now X has a single database store where all data is kept. Early in the development process we realized that a document based application would preclude certain options for syncing and other features.

You can easily keep data organized by sets, which Now Contact did not have before, and were under utilized in Now Up to Date. Each set can have its own unique grouping of categories and tags, and you can switch between sets quickly and easily using the sets pop up in the toolbar.

As you import various files from Now Up-to-Date & Contact, you can assign tags to all the imported items as part of the import process. Once all the data from a given file has been tagged in such a way, you can create a set that includes only that tag, allowing you to see all he items from a given file.
Posted by: jmori7

Re: Multiple Calendars - 08/29/09 10:18 AM

Have the same issue but with contact files. I had three (3K, 5K and 2K records each). Do I understand I now need to merge them all into a single database ?

If so is it possible to synch only one set on my iphone and not the other two ?

Lastly, I tried to import a second contact file in the database (doing the import routine and this does not seem to work any idea what I am doing wrong ?
Posted by: Sean_dup1

Re: Multiple Calendars - 08/29/09 06:09 PM

You can remove the "Sync" tag from any contact you do not wish to share with Sync Service. Also, when you import a Now Up-to-Date or Now Contact file, you can choose not to put the Sync tag on the items in the import during the import.

[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->import dialog.png<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

Simply uncheck the option to "Sync all imported contacts to Address Book" in the import dialog.

Also, keep in mind that Apple provides a mechanism to restrict which contacts are synced to the iPhone through the ability to sync only selected groups to the iPhone. Now X sends contact categories to Address Book as groups, so you can organize your contacts as you wish and only sync certain ones to sync services, then sync only a subset of those to the iPhone.

As for the issue with doing a second import, I would need more information. Does it give an error? Does it stop during the import at some point, or does it appear to complete? Does any information come in, or none at all?

If you like, you can submit a bug report right after attempting the import of the second file using the "Report Bug..." menu option under the Help menu. Along with the information you give in the bug report, it will send up any relevant crash longs, or recent errors.