Fatal Error (write permission error) id = -61

Posted by: jhnewport

Fatal Error (write permission error) id = -61 - 07/21/09 07:15 AM

Group,

I've been using the public event server 4.5.3 for several years. I just got this error today. Anyone know how to resolve this issue?

I am on a G5 Dual 2.5 GHz PowerPC running OS version 10.5.6.

It has been working great until today.

Thanks!

Joel

Re: Fatal Error (write permission error) id = -61 - 07/21/09 09:02 AM

Okay, so I tried using the Now Server Manager version 5 and this is the error I get..

Server connection problem

Could not launch and run the Event server "Public Event Server" because of the error: No such file or director (2).

This error comes up if I try to create a new server or import my version 4 server.

I have repaired permissions, restarted, zapped pram, trashed prefs. Any other thoughts?

Thanks.

Joel

Re: Fatal Error (write permission error) id = -61 - 07/30/09 06:55 AM

Still haven't found a solution. Have moved to google calender for now. IF anyone has any ideas, please let me know. I am assuming some kind of permissions thing but I can't figure it out.
Posted by: Sean_dup1

Re: Fatal Error (write permission error) id = -61 - 07/30/09 08:11 AM

Are you running 10.5.6 of Mac OS X Leopard or Mac OS X "Server" Leopard?

It does sound like a permissions error. Are you running the Now Server Manager in an administrator account?

The Now Server Manager stores the servers it creates in the following directories:

/Library/Application Support/Now Software/Event Servers/
and
/Library/Application Support/Now Software/Contact Servers/

You might try deleting both those directories and trying again.

Another thing you might want to try is uninstalling the Now Server Manager, removing the entire /Library/Application Support/Now Software directory, then restart the computer, reinstall Now Sever Manager and then try importing or creating a new server.