can't set reminders in up to date, sometimes they happen ran

Posted by: achapman

can't set reminders in up to date, sometimes they happen ran - 03/31/09 02:14 PM

when i try to set a new appointment in up to date, i can't change any of the reminder settings, but lately i will get pop-ups anyway to remind me of events. what might be the case? i'm running 5.3.2 on leopard computers with 5.3.2 server. thanks,
-a.
Posted by: Sean_dup1

Re: can't set reminders in up to date, sometimes they happen ran - 03/31/09 05:10 PM

Usually when you can't make changes to reminder settings for an event it's because that event is in a category for which you do not receive reminders. Look in the "define sets" dialog and check to see if the various categories have a small alarm clock next to them, signifying that they are set to receive reminders. Pay specific attention to the categories used as defaults for your new events as set up in the preferences.
Posted by: achapman

Re: can't set reminders in up to date, sometimes they happen ran - 04/01/09 02:11 PM

i saw what you mean, and i tried setting it to receive reminders. the category i selected is on my calendar server and is called "personal", but in category info it says "this is a private category. private categories are stored locally. public categories are stored on the server." i tried a test event and didn't receive a notice for it even on my computer, but i got a reminder for another event set in the same category. what should i try next?