"Open File" command not work; all files to open grayed out

Posted by: eveningclouds

"Open File" command not work; all files to open grayed out - 02/04/09 09:17 AM

On my laptop running OX X 10.5 I can no longer open Up to Date files from the Open command. Thus I cannot make any file a "primary" file. I can open if I manually associate them with Now Up to Date app via the info screen. But this should not be necessary. Why did the association of calendar files disappear (the system now sees them as text document files. I tried removing pref files but that didn't work.
Posted by: dnorcross

Re: "Open File" command not work; all files to open grayed out - 02/06/09 01:37 PM

Originally Posted By: "eveningclouds"

On my laptop running OX X 10.5 I can no longer open Up to Date files from the Open command. Thus I cannot make any file a "primary" file. I can open if I manually associate them with Now Up to Date app via the info screen. But this should not be necessary. Why did the association of calendar files disappear (the system now sees them as text document files. I tried removing pref files but that didn't work.

Open the file manually, then go to File > Save As.. and save the file over itself. Before clicking on 'Save' make sure to check the 'Make this my primary file' box. Or, try adding a .nud extension to a calendar file if it does not have one.