Saving Now Contact

Posted by: ddupshaw

Saving Now Contact - 07/09/08 06:40 AM

My apologies if this question has been asked before:

I have just begun working in an office that uses Now Contact and I am totally unfamiliar with the program.

There are at least 50 different saved versions of the program on the computer I use because it seems to have cloned itself each time it was saved. Any tips on how one can save a version of the program without creating a duplicate file?
Posted by: dnorcross

Re: Saving Now Contact - 07/09/08 08:12 AM

Originally Posted By: "ddupshaw"

My apologies if this question has been asked before:

I have just begun working in an office that uses Now Contact and I am totally unfamiliar with the program.

There are at least 50 different saved versions of the program on the computer I use because it seems to have cloned itself each time it was saved. Any tips on how one can save a version of the program without creating a duplicate file?

When a contact file is created and saved, it automatically creates a backup folder(filename.nct.bu), and begins to save backup copies. Check in Now Contact under Now Contact > Preferences > General to see how often it is set to save and how many backups. If a new local file is created and used, it too will create a backup folder and start saving backups.