ToDo questions

Posted by: swenk22

ToDo questions - 05/20/08 02:11 PM

I've been using NUDC for about 5 months now and so far so good mostly but I'm just getting around to really utilizing todo list and I'm confused as to how nudc handles such.
1. It seems that the main todo list is on the side of the calendar... but this isn't showing all the todo's.. not previously completed, not autoforward todo's... when I mark a todo autoforward it disappears...
- I can't find autoforward in the manuals... I assume it means if the due date is past it will keep autofoward... is that correct?
2. I can get more of a listing of todo's & undated todo's if I select list view of calendar and sort by type.. but still my completed todo's are where???
Thanks much
bob
Posted by: dsawyer

Re: ToDo questions - 05/20/08 03:49 PM

1a) Define menu -> Calendar layouts -> check the appropriate boxes to show done To-Do events.

1b). Re autoforward, exactly; a To-Do so marked that is not completed will move automatically to the next day (and keep on until it's marked as "done").

2) Create a list - Define -> List Layouts - that has "done To-Dos" checked. Then under View, choose to view that list. You can similarly definite lists to show only uncompleted To-Do items, etc.

Regards.
Posted by: dnorcross

Re: ToDo questions - 05/21/08 11:44 AM

Originally Posted By: "swenk22"

I've been using NUDC for about 5 months now and so far so good mostly but I'm just getting around to really utilizing todo list and I'm confused as to how nudc handles such.
1. It seems that the main todo list is on the side of the calendar... but this isn't showing all the todo's.. not previously completed, not autoforward todo's... when I mark a todo autoforward it disappears...
- I can't find autoforward in the manuals... I assume it means if the due date is past it will keep autofoward... is that correct?
2. I can get more of a listing of todo's & undated todo's if I select list view of calendar and sort by type.. but still my completed todo's are where???
Thanks much
bob

One thing I wanted to add to Dave's reply to you is that what appears in the To-Do list also has to do with which day you have selected in the calendar. If you have the current date selected, any forwarded or current To-Do's should appear. However, if you click on a day earlier or later in the month, you would only see To-Do's assigned to that day.
Posted by: swenk22

Re: ToDo questions - 05/21/08 07:00 PM

Thanks for the responses...
I see now... one thing throwing me off is when I make the todo from my palm pilot there is not an option for autoforward... so these todo's were missing from the current day. I have to go to them and set them to autoforward. Plus it's good to realize that todo's in calendar view are based on date I am on (I use multiday view)
Second thing is I see recently completed tasks but nudc only seems to keep the last week or so.. my palm and old palm desktop kept all completed tasks which is a handy thing when checking on items in the past. Does this have something to do with define date range in list view? the default date range is set to month 1/1/07 to 12/31/07 what does this all mean?
Thanks again
Bob
Posted by: dsawyer

Re: ToDo questions - 05/22/08 06:40 AM

You can define whatever date range you want when you're on the Define List Layout page. The range is at the mid-right of the window. If it's showing 2007 when set to "year", make sure the date is set correctly in your computer.