Sync NUTD with ical

Posted by: nrosens1

Sync NUTD with ical - 05/09/08 06:31 AM

I am looking for a method to sync my NUTD Calendar with iCal. Any suggestions would be very appreciated.
Posted by: Wildgift

Re: Sync NUTD with ical - 05/09/08 10:06 AM

Originally Posted By: "nrosens1"

I am looking for a method to sync my NUTD Calendar with iCal. Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

http://homepage.mac.com/penicuik/FileSharing15.html

this is the bomb. you will need to manually "import" the nutd, and so it's not a true sync. But, for keeping my nutd stuff on my iphone, it WORKS, at least until Nighthawk can do it (and who knows when that will be)

Re: Sync NUTD with ical - 05/09/08 03:11 PM

I tried the file but keep getting error messages. Any help would be appreciated. I synced once by importing into Entourage then into iCal. What a pain. Gots to be an easier way.
Posted by: mhoutman

Re: Sync NUTD with ical - 05/28/08 01:30 AM

i would suggest missing sync !

http://www.markspace.com/missingsync_palmos.php
Posted by: montylee

Re: Sync NUTD with ical - 05/30/08 03:08 PM

Originally Posted By: "nrosens1"

I posted a response several months ago in the Tips and Tricks area (http://forum.nowsoftware.com/content/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=919).

Here is what I said:

I have always had trouble getting NUD to iCal. The Now Software utility never worked reliably before, and refuses to work under Leopard. So I resorted to manually transferring key items over.

Then last month I found a fantastic utility called iCalSyncNUTD. It comes from some company whose website East Coast Silicon discussed the product. Let me tell, this product works! It worked 100% in transferring all my NUD dates over, and the cost is only $3.

I don't know anything about the company and what other programs they do, but this one gets 5 stars. It is reliable, never crashes, works, and is unbelievably priced.

In many years, Now Software has never been able to do this with their calendar and then these guys come along and do it for $3. What a deal!

I recommend this product. Very Happy

Re: Sync NUTD with ical - 05/31/08 05:56 AM

Works great. Thank you all for the help. Now how about a way to get my contacts into Address Book?
Posted by: efargusson

Re: Sync NUTD with ical - 05/31/08 11:10 PM

To move contacts easily from Now Contact to Address book, simply select the contacts you want to move (one at a time or en mas) and drag them to your computer's desktop. That will create a vcard file of the contact or contacts. Then drag that file to your Address book and they will import remarkably well.
Posted by: PETERK

Re: Sync NUTD with ical - 06/11/08 12:45 PM

Thanks for the tip on the NUTD and ICAL. Works great and now will sync ical to my blackberry as NUTD won't. IS there any way of attaching a Vcard in your Apple address book to a "to-do" in Ical? Anyone know of any way to do that?
Posted by: Sandman_dup1

Re: Sync NUTD with ical - 07/16/08 11:45 AM

Originally Posted By: "montylee"

Then last month I found a fantastic utility called iCalSyncNUTD. It comes from some company whose website East Coast Silicon discussed the product. Let me tell, this product works! It worked 100% in transferring all my NUD dates over, and the cost is only $3.

I don't know anything about the company and what other programs they do, but this one gets 5 stars. It is reliable, never crashes, works, and is unbelievably priced.

montylee - Thanks for mentioning this utility, it could make my life so much easier.

I tried the demo that they provide on their site. It seemed to work easily enough, but on a daily repeating, All Day event it only transferred the last day to iCal, and showed the dates as "from 8/1/08 to 7/31/08"

Have you had problems with repeating All Day events? If so how did you overcome them?
I really want to be able to use this.
Posted by: jgnewyork

Re: Sync NUTD with ical - 07/16/08 06:46 PM

I can't get it to work properly; all day events don't seem to show up properly (particularly in the week view).

The biggest problem is that it won't sync events that are password protected on our NUTD server (which is most of them).

I'd happily wait another month for Nighthawk if they could release a utility to do a one way dump of UTD into iCal.
Posted by: btharp

Re: Sync NUTD with ical - 07/22/08 07:32 PM

I'm new to the forum, but have a question. I too am looking for a way to sync my NUTD calendar file with iCal but I want to retain all the color coding for appointments, calls, personal, travel, gen biz, etc. that I have currently set up in NUTD. The demo I just ran using the acclaimed (here, anyway) iCalsyncNUTD program from East Coast Silicon didn't seem to do it - it brought only three appointments over in the whole sync process, and made them pink when they had been orange. That's because iCal made the appointment calendar pink. In fact it also brought over ALL my data from NUTD but created a calendar for each category so i now have ten calendars, each a category like travel, appointments, phone calls, etc. Is there something I'm missing here to get those all into the WORK calendar I set up on ical? I do NOT want to click between appts, and other things on my calendar. What was nice was to code things differently so you could readily see what were calls, appointments, assignments, etc.

BTW I am leaving on a trip Thursday morning so I may not be able to reply to any responses till I get back August 4th, but I am seriously in need of some solution to this calendar syncing issue between iCal and NUTD - I only wanted to use iCal because of the iphone....
Posted by: cohler

Re: Sync NUTD with ical - 08/04/08 03:25 PM

Tried it and it DOESN'T work. First, if you can get it to even partially work, it is unbelievably slow.

It takes literally a half-second (500ms!) or more per event. I can't imagine how a self-respecting software engineer could write such a simple piece of code to run so slowly on such a fast machine. Utter incompetence.

Second it hangs and crashes half way through most of the time. TOTALLY USELESS.