Need Now Contact Conduit

Posted by: Tommy

Need Now Contact Conduit - 04/11/08 09:24 PM

I suddenly started being unable to sync my Contacts with my Zire 71.
I am preparing to upgrade from 10.4.11 to Leopard and installed Missing Sync for Palm.
When I try to modify the settings for the conduit I get a note saying my conduit is not compatible with my computer: an Intel macbook Pro. (It was compatible previously)
I saw that NUDC 5.3.2 had been released. I installed that but it didn't help.
In Now Up-to-Date I can select "Synchronize with Missing Sync", In Now Contact that option is greyed out.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Tommy
Posted by: swenk22

Re: Need Now Contact Conduit - 04/12/08 06:30 AM

I did an upgrade to leopard (new imac and did standard migrate from old) and had to get the latest version of missing sync 6.0.2... I recall that the older versions had troubles w/Leopard.. but you're saying problem before Leopard...
Where are you modifying sync settings? Missing sync takes the place of palm conduits and conduit settings are done from within missing sync. I maybe remember discussion of removing the palm app's when using missing sync but I didn't do that and things are working. Missing sync lists loads of conduits... the main "trick" is knowing what conduits to use so be sure to read documentation on that- I'm not using any of the mark/space conduits except memopad (notes didn't work right w/me) and I did select the now contact/up to date conduits, plus other conduits listed that I use like password wallet, timecopy, docs to go, install, etc.
Posted by: Tommy

Re: Need Now Contact Conduit - 04/12/08 12:33 PM

[quote="swenk22"]I did an upgrade to leopard (new imac and did standard migrate from old) and had to get the latest version of missing sync 6.0.2... I recall that the older versions had troubles w/Leopard.. but you're saying problem before Leopard...

I am using missing sync 6.0.3

Where are you modifying sync settings? Missing sync takes the place of palm conduits and conduit settings are done from within missing sync.

I go to the main window in Missing Sync and select the "Conduits" tab. I did not modify the settings. The conduits are Now Conduits. What does not jive is that I have no trouble with Now-Up-to-Date but when I select the Now Contact Conduit I inmediately get a note saying "A Conduit the was not designed for this Computer is being configured. You will not be able to continue until you finish with this conduit"
When I clicked on the Conduit it launched the correct Now Contacts file. It was working with Palm desktop recently.
I have the Mark Space Contacts turned off
Posted by: swenk22

Re: Need Now Contact Conduit - 04/15/08 03:59 PM

I never got such a message about conduits problem when I clik now contact... so I can't say what's up w/yours. I recall two things from my research before I invested in missing sync... kind of fuzzy but I remember somewhere it saying not to have the palm desktop conduits in the system... there was a procedure for which to install first.. about cleaning this up. You'd have to do some searching to find this... second was that nudc not "certified" w/missing sync- on markspace site- but this seemed to not be a problem from what I read.