NUTD Backups association problem

Posted by: nagrath

NUTD Backups association problem - 04/10/08 05:46 AM

Here's a strange problem and I don't know if it is a Leopard issue or a NUTD one. I clicked on one of the automatic backups NUTD 5.3.2 b4 made, and for some reason, the default association for NUTD's backup files is Quicktime! The MAc is identifying the backups as mpeg files (of course, they don't open as such). Has anyone else had this happen or is this a problem with my Leopard. I don't find any mention of this bug anywhere.

-John
Posted by: dnorcross

Re: NUTD Backups association problem - 04/11/08 08:55 AM

Originally Posted By: "nagrath"

Here's a strange problem and I don't know if it is a Leopard issue or a NUTD one. I clicked on one of the automatic backups NUTD 5.3.2 b4 made, and for some reason, the default association for NUTD's backup files is Quicktime! The MAc is identifying the backups as mpeg files (of course, they don't open as such). Has anyone else had this happen or is this a problem with my Leopard. I don't find any mention of this bug anywhere.

-John

It sounds like either Quicktime has hijacked the .01, .02, etc. extensions. Do they still appear assigned to Quicktime if you remove the numeric extension?
Posted by: nagrath

Re: NUTD Backups association problem - 04/11/08 10:15 AM

I am actually doing this second-hand for my father, but that makes sense. Are those backups .nud format files? if so, I should be able to append .nud on them, keeping the 01, 02 etc. to differentiate them, but returning the association to .nud. If the association is not related to the extension, though, that likely won't work. But thank you for your help--I will report back on the resolution.

-John
Posted by: dnorcross

Re: NUTD Backups association problem - 04/11/08 11:13 AM

Originally Posted By: "nagrath"

I am actually doing this second-hand for my father, but that makes sense. Are those backups .nud format files? if so, I should be able to append .nud on them, keeping the 01, 02 etc. to differentiate them, but returning the association to .nud. If the association is not related to the extension, though, that likely won't work. But thank you for your help--I will report back on the resolution.

-John

The calendar backups are in .nud format, when the backup happens it simply appends the numeric extension to indicate the order. '.01' is the most recent backup. If the calendar file were named 'My Calendar.nud', the most recent backup would be 'My Calendar.nud.01'.