Anyone else missing QuickDay and QuickContact Menu items?

Posted by: pboucher15

Anyone else missing QuickDay and QuickContact Menu items? - 03/24/08 12:24 PM

It may be unrelated - but it appears that after upgrading to Safari v 3.1 and the latest Apple Security update (March 22nd or 23rd), my menu bar icons for NUTD&C have disappeared from the menu bar.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

No amount of toggling the preference in either app and re-starting seems to make a difference. So far I've tried a few suggestions from the knowledge base, but without success.

All other Menu Bar icons are working including QuickSilver, Skype, Google Calendar and Mail, Intego, UPS, iSync, Bluetooth, Airport, volume time date, and Spotlight.

Any thoughts?
Posted by: kadso

Re: Anyone else missing QuickDay and QuickContact Menu items? - 03/24/08 01:54 PM

You are not alone. I too can't seem to get the QuickDay and Quick Contact icons to from in the menu bar. Don't know why. I am running the latest version of everything. Still no luck.
Posted by: dsawyer

Re: Anyone else missing QuickDay and QuickContact Menu items? - 03/24/08 01:56 PM

What version of NUDC are you each running?

Re: Anyone else missing QuickDay and QuickContact Menu items? - 03/24/08 02:16 PM

Running NUDTC 5.3.1 for Mac.

Re: Anyone else missing QuickDay and QuickContact Menu items? - 03/24/08 04:40 PM

5.3.2b4

Re: Anyone else missing QuickDay and QuickContact Menu items? - 03/24/08 04:53 PM

In my case, additional potentially useful info:

24 inch iMac Intel Core duo 2.33 GHz, 3 GB of RAM.

OS is Mac OS X 10.4.11 (8S2167)
Posted by: MagickMike

Re: Anyone else missing QuickDay and QuickContact Menu items? - 03/25/08 04:21 AM

I noticed that when I installed NUDC 5.3.2b4. All I did to get them back was to go into preferences, turn them off, then turn them back on. Voilá!

Re: Anyone else missing QuickDay and QuickContact Menu items? - 03/25/08 05:51 AM

Originally Posted By: "MagickMike"

noticed that when I installed NUDC 5.3.2b4. All I did to get them back was to go into preferences, turn them off, then turn them back on. Voilá!

The above suggestion doesn't work for me. I click on the preference and the preference box goes grey. No icons in the menu, no not nothing. To get back to a working preference box, I have to click somewhere else on the preference box, not on the QC check box. Only then does the rest of the choices in the preference box become available.

It appears what is happening is that when I click on the QC check box in the preference, the program gets caught/stuck.

Re: Anyone else missing QuickDay and QuickContact Menu items? - 03/25/08 06:57 AM

pboucher, are you running Mac OS X 10.5? If you are, try the NUDC 5.3.2 beta 4 you can find here:

http://www.nowsoftware.com/support/leopard/

Re: Anyone else missing QuickDay and QuickContact Menu items? - 03/25/08 09:02 AM

No I'm not running Leopard yet since I'm waiting for one last piece of software (DigiDesign's Pro Tools) to announce full compatibility.

I'm running 10.4.11.

Will 5.3.2 (is there a final version yet or is it still in beta?) work with Tiger 10.4.11?

If it's still in beta, I can't risk putting my main production machine in that situation and will put up with the missing icons until some fix is announced or Nighthawk is finally released. I pre-purchased that upgrade.

Re: Anyone else missing QuickDay and QuickContact Menu items? - 03/25/08 11:28 AM

I ran 5.3.1 under Mac OS X 10.4 for a long time without any problems with QD/QC. Try repairing permissions if you haven't already. If that doesn't help, you might try uninstalling NUDC (using the Uninstall script in the Extras folder) and reinstalling and see if that makes a difference. Back up your calendar and contact files, of course, just in case something goes amiss.
Posted by: k9gardner

Re: Anyone else missing QuickDay and QuickContact Menu items? - 02/28/13 10:08 AM

I'm hoping that someone out there from this forum still has the same email address after all these years (or happens to stumble upon this message in a bottle!).

One of my work colleagues is still using NUDC, and we just upgraded to Mountain Lion on a new iMac, and of course the QuickContact and QuickDay features don't show up in the menubar. Maybe it has to do with being 32 bit apps in a 64 bit world? Who knows.

But I see some people talking about 3.5.2b4 solving the problem. We have 3.5.2, and I would definitely try the b4 version if I could find it. Anybody have it? Or tell me where to get it? I haven't found a torrent anywhere either, but perhaps someone knows where I can grab it to try it. Thanks!!
Posted by: Jim_

Re: Anyone else missing QuickDay and QuickContact Menu items? - 02/28/13 02:16 PM

My question would be why? Development is obviously dead, and someday they'll have to switch over. I would suggest finding an alternative now that will take them into the future. They'll have to do it someday, might as well get it over with.