server refusing more than 1 user

Posted by: kliesh

server refusing more than 1 user - 03/16/08 11:03 AM

We have had a two user license and used this system for several years. Today I had to reformat the hard drive in one of the two networked minis both using OS 10.4.11. I upgraded to 5.1.3 for both computers, the reformatted one had been using 5.1.3 the other with server and other license used 5.0.2. Now the reformatted computer can share the contact database on server but an error message results if the both computers try to contact the NUTD server. I have tried repairing permissions and rebooting, connecting in different order. I seem to recall this problem being discussed in the past but have been unable to locate discussions. Any assistance will be appreciated.
Posted by: dnorcross

Re: server refusing more than 1 user - 03/17/08 10:38 AM

Originally Posted By: "kliesh"

We have had a two user license and used this system for several years. Today I had to reformat the hard drive in one of the two networked minis both using OS 10.4.11. I upgraded to 5.1.3 for both computers, the reformatted one had been using 5.1.3 the other with server and other license used 5.0.2. Now the reformatted computer can share the contact database on server but an error message results if the both computers try to contact the NUTD server. I have tried repairing permissions and rebooting, connecting in different order. I seem to recall this problem being discussed in the past but have been unable to locate discussions. Any assistance will be appreciated.

Check the Event Server, through Now Server Manager, to see what it shows as connected users. If there is an extra user listed, disconnect all and allow them to reconnect.