I just purchased a new Blackberry Pearl and downloaded PocketMac for Blackberry. I am using a PowerBook G4 running 10.3.9 and Now Contact/Up to Date 5.3.1. When I attempt to sync I receive an error message '-37 failed to open NowContact, so it is not syncing with Contact nor UTD. I had previously been using a Treo 650 using Missing Sync to sync with Now. Any ideas or work arounds? I did try SyncClean but still receive same message. I have posted a similar message on PocketMac's support site but have not received any response.
1. Make sure Now Contact is quit before trying the sync.
2. It may be worth refreshing the Now Contact program prefs, as follows:
1. Make sure you know where your primary contact file is stored on your hard drive. You'll need to know where it is to set it as your primary file again at the end of this process.
2. Quit Now Contact (if it is running).
3. Open a new Finder window and select Home from the Go menu.
4. Once in your Home folder, go to: /Library/Preferences/
5. Find the files named com.nowsoftware.nowcontact.plist and com.poweronsoftware.nowcontact.plist and move them to the desktop.
6. Find the folder named Now Contact Prefs and move it to the desktop as well.
7. Open your Now Contact file and make it your primary contact file (Launch Now Contact, open the File menu, select Open, make sure there is a checkmark next to the option "Make this my primary file," locate your Now Contact file, highlight it and click Open).
8. Trash the items moved to the desktop in steps 5 and 6.
The 'poweronsoftware' file may not exist on your system. It is from an earlier version of Now Contact.