Leopard Update and Now Contact

Posted by: wa6mg

Leopard Update and Now Contact - 02/25/08 09:37 AM

After installing the latest Leopard update this weekend (2/24/08) my menu bar items disappeared and I kept getting servers timeouts when I wasn't looking for a server. After some experimenting, including reinstalling the latest NUTD version, I isolated the problem to Now Contact. NUTD works fine, Now Contact breaks the SystemUIServer (as seen in activity monitor - Now Contact turns it red). What to do?
Posted by: dnorcross

Re: Leopard Update and Now Contact - 02/27/08 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By: "wa6mg"

After installing the latest Leopard update this weekend (2/24/08) my menu bar items disappeared and I kept getting servers timeouts when I wasn't looking for a server. After some experimenting, including reinstalling the latest NUTD version, I isolated the problem to Now Contact. NUTD works fine, Now Contact breaks the SystemUIServer (as seen in activity monitor - Now Contact turns it red). What to do?

If you are referring to QuickDay and QuickContact disappearing, this is a known issue for Now Up-to-Date & Contact 5.3.1 and it's predecessors, if running under Leopard. Have you tried the 5.3.2b3 available from our Leopard information page?

Here is a link to our Leopard information:<P>

http://www.nowsoftware.com/support/leopard/
Posted by: kadso

Re: Leopard Update and Now Contact - 02/27/08 04:11 PM

Don,

I am using the "... 5.3.2b3 available from our Leopard information page?" and I to am having no luck in getting the quickcontact menu bar operational. All that happens when I click the "show in menu" preference to engage the QC is that the preference box turns grey and the check mark is marked. Other than that the preference box stays grayed out until I click on it again. But no QC in the menu bar.