write permission error id = -61

Posted by: Lar1Man

write permission error id = -61 - 02/22/08 07:30 AM

Quick question, we keep getting this error along with " disc error id = -54 " We have set up the event server and don't seem to be able to connect anymore than one user. Everything seems to be working ( calendar syncing etc ) but when we try to access the primary file ( NUTD ) from another mac we get the errors. I know I must be overlooking something so any help would be appreciated.
We are currently beta testing this application before buying and adding licenses, my gut instinct says that might be the reason but we were able to get the calendar up and running on two machines along with the server earlier and we haven't made any changes..

Thoughts?
Posted by: dnorcross

Re: write permission error id = -61 - 02/22/08 11:49 AM

Originally Posted By: "Lar1Man"

Quick question, we keep getting this error along with " disc error id = -54 " We have set up the event server and don't seem to be able to connect anymore than one user. Everything seems to be working ( calendar syncing etc ) but when we try to access the primary file ( NUTD ) from another mac we get the errors. I know I must be overlooking something so any help would be appreciated.
We are currently beta testing this application before buying and adding licenses, my gut instinct says that might be the reason but we were able to get the calendar up and running on two machines along with the server earlier and we haven't made any changes..

Thoughts?

That error usually indicates you have a local file that is already open and are trying to open it again. Either with a different version of Now Up-to-Date on that machine, or across a network. Each installation of Now Up-to-Date & Contact will have it's own local files. Those local files would be connected to a Public Event Server or Public Contact Server(depending on their type) through the Server > Server Connections menu. Then you would subscribe to the public categories and be able to share data.
Posted by: Lar1Man

Re: write permission error id = -61 - 02/25/08 07:12 AM

Don, After re-reading your post, suddenly it makes sense. Each user has a local or private calendar and the "master" calendar lives on the server. Then by subscribing to categories ( master calendar ) it shows up on the local calendar. OMG!! it works!! Thanks again for the clarity! Very Happy